General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ojoan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Water system

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Ojoan »

We have a problem with our hot water tank: it’s leaking, We are waiting for a plumber, meanwhile we have had to turn off the water pump. Because of this we have no water in our apartment for toilets etc. How do I stop water being pumped up into the hot water tank if I turn the water pump back on?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Water system

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi, Ojoan,
If there are no isolation valves on your hot water tank you can't stop the water from being pumped into the hot tank. If you have easy and safe access to the hot tank it is a straightforward job to disconnect the pipework and blank off the water supply. Unless the water is pouring out just keep turning the pump off and on when needed. My tank has a small leak and will soon be replaced for the fourth time in 18 ish years. Utter junk!

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

It all depends upon how the system is designed. Probably every site or house in TRNC will be slightly different. Best thing is to ask the plumber when he gets there to see if there is an isolation valve that can be turned off in future so you can have cold water in the house if there is a problem with the hot water tank.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Are there any better hot water systems, do these kuzeymak tanks last longer or is it the hard water that is the problem.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”