General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Electricity Dıscount text

•   Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Just received a text from Kibtek informing me of the discount on last month's bill 😁
From what I have read this is a one time discount, this month's bill will be at the new tariff ☹️

This is the message on Facebook from Kibtek, not the best translation but you get the idea

Regarding the Kıb-Tek tariffs, the TRNC. The regulation made by the Council of Ministers in the tariffs with a decree having the force of law has started to be applied as a discount to the March period consumption (Circuit 04/2022) invoice accounts of our subscribers. Our subscribers are notified of discounts via SMS. Since the application is still in progress, it is important that our subscribers who do not receive SMS should not feel uneasy. Necessary information can be obtained from our Kıb-Tek call center.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Electricity Dıscount text

•   Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Yes had a discount text but no email with bill on ???

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Poppy are you registered to receive ur bill by email?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

poppy++1 wrote:
Fri 29 Apr 2022 7:02 pm
Yes had a discount text but no email with bill on ???
Perhaps not much use but if you want to find out the amount of the bill (no details) then try paypoint. I use it to notify my neighbours (in uk) of the amount due so they can send it to me to pay.

https://www.paypointcyprus.com/payment/Kibtek

Put in account number e.g. *00123456 and it should show amount outstanding.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Got my new Electric Bill! First got my SMS to tell me I had a discount of 187TL applied to my bill - whooppeee! Well not really! My last bill I used 428KW and this new bill tells me I have used 405KW - Great news! Not really again! Last bill total came to 829,86TL BUT this bill comes to 1065,65TL and no discount shown on the bill at all!

What is shown is a new debit for "Fuel Expenses" of 243TL - so now I did not get my discount but I have now been given the privilege of paying for the fuel as well as the electricity that has been generated by it???

Think I need to wander down to the Electric Office in Girne - check your bills people!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Unit has been added under the name of fuel change fee!
The "Fuel change fee", which Cyprus Turkish Electricity Authority (Kıb-Tek) started to reflect on electricity bills this month, has increased the citizens' bills.

In the electricity bills that started to come to the citizens with the new month, a new unit was added under the name of " Fuel change fee " this time.

Due to this new tax, which is not fixed and is reflected differently on each citizen, the bill of the citizen has increased.

GÜRCAN ERDOĞAN ANNOUNCED

Kıb-Tek Manager Gürcan Erdoğan announced in the past months that changes in fuel and dollars will be reflected on consumers' bills.

Erdogan said, "Since 70 percent of electricity costs are fuel and the dollar paid due to fuel, changes in fuel and foreign currency will be reflected on the invoices as a separate item every month, and the public will be informed transparently."

https://www.gundemkibris.com/kibris/yak ... 39273.html

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

alphamike, so because the cost of Brent Crude has actually dropped this last month, I should expect another discount - probably won't get it but it's fun to see what happens - on the amount of Fuel change fee that I will be charged next month, or not, or maybe or I will never see it because of the power cuts - which is probably why I did not use so much this last month.

I think it should be called what it is "A stealth tax" because there is no way in this world that you can figure out if you have been under or over charged on that particular item - lol. I feel really sorry for the locals having once again been hit with a double whammy.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Waddo I just found that after reading your post about it. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they have added this stealth tax (as you correctly put it) to the bill, and with no advance warning. There is going to be public outrage yet again.
Completely agree with you, as the amount will be different for every citizen, we have no way of checking if we have been billed correctly or not.

I really must get the digit out and contact Kibtek to send me bill by email every month. The latest received by SMS is 389.51 TL, so am assuming they have deducted the 347.55 TL discount from March bill. (March bill was 1289.17TL)
I did expect this month's bill to be much lower anyway, as work being done on pool, so no pool pump running, plus no AC used at all.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Alphamike, If you want another thing to grind your teeth on, try this: Last month I used 428KW, that is 258KW @ 254,72tl & 170KW @ 2.70 = 459tl, together net consumption TL came to 713,72. Now add on street lighting @ 9.18 and Fixed Price @ 31.52 giving a subtotal of 754.42tl. Now add the 10% VAT! What is wrong with that picture? Final total bill of 829.86tl.

How about this, the government said - for 1 month only (March) the cost per KW from 251 to 500 is reduced to 1.70 per KW, good news that but hang on, I have paid 10% VAT already on 170 KW @ 2.70 - what happens to the excess VAT I have paid? No refund on that then - lol.

My mistake, found it. My discount/refund, should I ever get it, was actually 187tl which includes the VAT paid as well! Never be afraid to fall on your sword when wrong! 😇

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Waddo, bottom line is that we, the consumer, are never going to win, but we already know that. Lol at getting excess VAT back.
Glad that you did actually get the rebate though, save you a wonderful trip to the office.

A friend told me you can get your full bill within the Kibtek app. I just checked and sure enough all info there, but not for this latest bill, so will check later in the week.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Having always enjoyed playing with numbers, I have compiled spreadsheets analysing my bills over the years - both at home in the UK, and my (swallow) bills in TRNC.
Kibtek - from 2015 until April 2020, the standing charge (Maktu Ücret) has been ~58 Kurush per day - from this month, this has almost doubled to 1.01 TL per day... While I do not have the PRICE per day for street lighting, the amount payable compared to the same month last year has more than trebled! (8.66TL to 29.95TL before VAT)...
...And then there's now the 'Fuel Expenses'...

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

I am totally confused. PDF invoice shows 619.16 for kwh used. Then discount for March 490.71 Total 128.45.
Click on link to pay says pay 619.16.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Goodness only knows Mimi. When I checked via the link, it doesn't show an amount to pay, it's not on the Kibtek app or on Paypointcyprus yet for my account, unless my bill is 0.00 TL. Just saw several pigs flying by there.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

I cannot find a Kibtek app on playstore. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have searched ''kibtek''.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Laura B wrote:
Mon 02 May 2022 8:54 am
I cannot find a Kibtek app on playstore. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have searched ''kibtek''.
I can't find it either any more. It was previously on playstore as I have it.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Thanks for the reply Alphamike. I thought I'd gone daft!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Laura B wrote:
Mon 02 May 2022 9:37 am
Thanks for the reply Alphamike. I thought I'd gone daft!
You and me both....perhaps we are! :lol:

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Mine too Jofra. The final balance did not have the discount taken off, but a balance a few lines further up did! Go figure!
I've paid my electricity bill having removed the discount. Wil wait and see next month if the 'discount' has been added!
I know the reason but it's an incredible increase! My bill was double from last month, but I did have visitors so additional washing machine and dishwasher usage. But, no AC as yet! I hope they return to timed tariffs otherwise the monthly bill, with AC usage, will be horrendous!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

alphamike, Sorry, I did not get the discount after all, not even included as a deduction on the final amount payable or my credit balance! What I meant was that I found the VAT. Discount for the KW price used should be 170tl but the SMS told me my discount - which will be included in this months bill (failed there) - will be 187tl, so the extra 17tl is the VAT on the 170tl.

Still confused on the Fuel Expenses mind you - notice on another thread that people are being charged 60+ or 80+ for that and I got stiffed 243tl - lol.

I wonder if it is linked to residency and because I always rent here am I classed as a High Earner, big target I guess - lol.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Sorry Waddo, it just gets more confusing by the day. I'm still waiting for info to be updated on the app for my bill breakdown.

Here is another interesting article.
https://www.gundemkibris.com/kibris/yak ... 39306.html

What is the “Fuel Change Fee”?
New electricity bills started to reach the citizens as of Sunday, but unlike the previous bills, there was a new entry under the heading "Fuel Change Fee" in the bills. Former Cyprus Turkish Electricity Authority Board Member Yusuf Avcıoğlu, "What is the Fuel Exchange Fee?" answered the question.
New electricity bills started to reach the citizens as of Sunday, but the fact that a new entry under the title of "Fuel Change Fee" was included in the bills, unlike the previous bills, caused a reaction from the citizens.

Yusuf Avcıoğlu, former Board Member of the Cyprus Turkish Electricity Corporation (KIB-TEK), summarizing the curious details about the topic, which creates an additional input of 250 TL on a 700 TL invoice, on his personal social media account, "What is the Fuel Exchange Fee? " answered the question.

He stated that the new fuel price was reflected on the invoices for the second time under the name of Fuel Change Fee, and in this context, the said 'fee' was used as a method to hide the electricity hike.

Yusuf Avcıoğlu's statement about the “Fuel Change Fee” with examples is as follows:

As of May 1, 2022, new Electricity Bills were issued and sent to Kıb-Tek Subscribers, and there was confusion due to the "Fuel Exchange Value" on the invoices.

How are Electricity Unit Prices determined?

According to the Electricity Development Regulation;

➡️Cost (M) = Fuel Cost (YB) + ​​Fixed Cost (SB)

➡️YB= Average Fuel Cost x Fuel Efficiency Coefficient

➡️SB= Staff Salary + Pension Fund + Depreciation + Financing + General Expenses + AKSA Rent + Investment

❓What is the Fuel Exchange Value?

Fuel Exchange Value, passed by the Council of Ministers of the UBP-DP-YDP Government on 17.02.2022, entered into force with the 11th paragraph of the 5th Article of the Electricity Development Regulation published in the Official Gazette. (The relevant articles of the regulation are attached)

❓So where and why did the Fuel Exchange Value come from, while the "Average Fuel Cost" is included in the Cost?

➡️Average Fuel Cost = ((Existing Fuel Amount x Current Fuel Purchase Price) / (New Fuel Amount x New Purchase Price)) + Freight + Bank Charges

➡️Fuel Exchange Value = New Fuel Price - Current Fuel Price

⚠️SUMMARY:

❌ While the New Fuel Price is/should be reflected in the Electricity Unit Prices by taking the Weighted Average within the Average Fuel Cost according to the Regulation, it has provided the opportunity to be reflected on the invoices for the second time under the name of Fuel Change Value.

❌This opportunity is USED AS A METHOD TO HIDE THE ELECTRIC RISE by using the Fuel Change Value, not updating the Electricity Unit Price.

❌ The use of Fuel Exchange Value is not limited to this, it is also used to INVOICE TO SUBSCRIBERS WITH SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEM, by creating a separate item on the invoice, such as Fixed Fee, Street Lighting Fee.

❌Fuel Exchange Value CREATED A DOUBLE STANDARD amongst Solar Energy System user subscribers. A double standard has arisen between the Subscribers who are set off in the building where the system is installed (from the place) and those who are settled in another building (remotely), not in the building where the system is set up via Multiple Settlement.

⚠️Now let's explain all this with examples.

➡️Example-1 = Subscriber in Commercial Tariff

➡️Örnek-2 = Subscriber in Housing Tariff

➡️Örnek-3 = Solar Energy Subscriber in Housing Tariff

✅Example-1 (Commercial Tariff Subscriber)

Energy Used = 119 kWh

Electricity Unit Price = 2.70 TL/kWh

Consumption = 119kWh x 2.70TL/kWh = 321.30TL

Energy Used = 119 kWh

Fuel Change Value = 0.60 TL/kWh

Fuel Change Fee = 119kWh x 0.60TL/kWh = 71.40TL

321.30 TL + 71.40 TL = 392.70 TL

392.70 TL / 119 kWh = 3.30 TL

SUMMARY = ELECTRIC UNIT PRICE has been updated as 3.30 TL/kWh, and it has been camouflaged with the Fuel Change Value.

✅Example-2 (Subscriber to Housing Tariff)

Energy Used = 418 kWh

First Segment = 250 kWh * 0.98 TL/kWh = 246.82 TL

Second Segment = 168 kWh * 2.70 TL/kWh = 453.60 TL

Total Consumption = 246.82 TL + 453.60 TL = 700.42 TL

Energy Used = 418 kWh

Fuel Change Fee = 418kWh x 0.60TL/kWh =250.80TL

SUMMARY = HOUSING TARIFF ELECTRIC UNIT PRICE;

1st slice (0-250kWh) = 1.58 TL/kWh

2. Slice (250-500kWh) = 3.30 TL/kWh

Slice (500-750kWh) = 3.55 TL/kWh
Slice (750-1000kWh = 3.85 TL/kWh
Slice (over 1,000kWh) = 4.60 TL/kWh
It has been updated as CAMPAIGN, and it has been camouflaged with the increased Fuel Change Value.

✅Example-3 (Subscriber to Housing Tariff - Solar Powered)

Energy Given to the Grid = 701 kWh

Energy from the Network = 231 kWh

TOTAL CONSUMPTION = 0 kWh

Energy from the Network = 231 kWh

Fuel Change Fee = 231kWh x 0.60TL/kWh = 138.60TL

SUMMARY = SOLAR SUBSCRIBER ON THE HOUSING TARIFF;

Energy GIVEN to the Network = 2.70 TL

Energy RECEIVED from the Network = 3.30 TL

INVOICE WAS PRODUCED under the name of Fuel Change Value, even though he has an ACCUMULATED EXCHANGE BALANCE and TOTAL CONSUMPTION is "0-kWh".

⚠️A double standard has also been established between 2 Solar Energy Subscribers, who "Consume the Same Amount of Energy" on a monthly basis, are offset from "Local vs. Remote";

➡️Yerinde Subscriber gets some of his consumption from the solar energy on his roof, while getting his nightly needs from the mains,

➡️The Subscriber who is deducted from the distance pays MORE FUEL CHANGE FEE because he takes all his consumption from the network and deducts the energy produced in another location on the computer system.

The remedy is clearly open and must be sought !

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Basically it seems to be adding the fuel change value of 0.60, this month, as 60 Kuruş to every band, thus meaning the lowest users are effective being penalised the most by this new charge. It adds 60% to the band 1 rate, 22% to band 2, 20% band 3, 18% band 4 and 15% to the highest band. Another well thought out change 🤔

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Mimi2 wrote:
Mon 02 May 2022 4:57 am
I am totally confused. PDF invoice shows 619.16 for kwh used. Then discount for March 490.71 Total 128.45.
Yes....mine is similar. Final total is 270 less (March discount) than amount for KWH used etc but am seemingly required to pay the amount without discount being applied!!! (:Q)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

So for last months (April) bill you paid 0.98 per KW for the first 250KW used - NO - add the fuel charge of 0.60 per KW as well. First 250KW now charged at 1.58 per KW. Second 251 to 500 KW charged at 2.7 per KW - NO - add the fuel charge of 0.60 as well. Second 251 to 500 KW now charged at 3.3 per KW. Smoke and mirrors comes to mind there!

Gives me a total consumption charge for 405KW used of 906.50. Considering that March bill for 428KW consumption was 713.72, I can't see the drop in price somehow - lol. Feel sure this will help those on minimum wage!!!!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Info now available for this latest bill on Kibtek app. There is no mention of fuel expense, but it is there, it has been added to Net Consumption.
There is also no mention of refund, but it has been taken off. Not in the total as you might expect but in Remaining Debt.
Kibtek don't half make your brain work hard to understand their bills!

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Hoping for some help...again! I have now found the Kibtek app on husband's phone. However what info are they needing to get into it? I assumed phone number, which is registered with them, and passport number, used when changing the account. It tells me ''either the phone number or passport number are wrong''. Maybe I need some other number but can someone tell me which.....please?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Because I can't make head nor tail of the two texts sent over the last two days, I thought I would be clever and check with Pay Point. To my astonishment its the lowest amount in 16 years and there must be something wrong somewhere!! I'm going to leave it for a few days more and check again. Oh well, best laid plans etc, etc.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Laura B wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 10:00 am
Hoping for some help...again! I have now found the Kibtek app on husband's phone. However what info are they needing to get into it? I assumed phone number, which is registered with them, and passport number, used when changing the account. It tells me ''either the phone number or passport number are wrong''. Maybe I need some other number but can someone tell me which.....please?
It's the passport number and phone number which was registered with Kibtek initially. If you don't have that, give Kibtek a call (probably after bayram would be best) and they will give you the correct details to be able to log in. Tel 0392 6000960.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 10:08 am
Because I can't make head nor tail of the two texts sent over the last two days, I thought I would be clever and check with Pay Point. To my astonishment its the lowest amount in 16 years and there must be something wrong somewhere!! I'm going to leave it for a few days more and check again. Oh well, best laid plans etc, etc.
It was the same with me, lowest bill ever. However after checking on the Kibtek app, it seems to be right, as refund from March bill has been deducted. If it hadn't been for the new fuel expense, I would have been in credit.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Thanks so much again Alphamike. The whole thing is driving me nuts!! And Bayram is definitely not the time to go nuts!!!

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Mimi2 wrote:
Just checked on Paypoint.....my total to pay on there is the amount with the March discount deducted. (8))

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

jayceebee wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 12:10 pm
Mimi2 wrote:
Just checked on Paypoint.....my total to pay on there is the amount with the March discount deducted. (8))
Yes mine was correct including discount on Paypoint. But wrong on Kibtek site

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Mimi2 wrote:
Sun 08 May 2022 8:37 am
jayceebee wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 12:10 pm
Mimi2 wrote:
Yes mine was correct including discount on Paypoint. But wrong on Kibtek site
Wonder if it will change again before payment due date to reflect cancelled fuel surcharge. ($$)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

jayceebee wrote:
Sun 08 May 2022 8:45 am

Wonder if it will change again before payment due date to reflect cancelled fuel surcharge. ($$)
:lol: I do admire your optimism JCB.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”