General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Cloggeddoug1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

4/5 night stay over in turkiye

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Cloggeddoug1 »

Looking to come to our apartment sept, but hoping to go to a resort in Turkiye en route flying from Birmingham the on to Ercan . Any suggestions, done Istanbul ( brill ) , pref a resort for the more mature persons. The return Birmingham via Istanbul from Ercan.thanks in anticipation !

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 4/5 night stay over in turkiye

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

My sister has just had a holiday in Antalya. She has a friend who ownes a flat there. She wasn't looking for hiking places or antiquities, just to
recover from a knee op. She absolutely loved it. She said it was the cleanest town in Turkey, beautiful, no rubbish, perfect beaches, lovely food.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

We’d second Antalya. Beautiful and lots to see and do if you want that as well as chillaxing.

eastendjoker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by eastendjoker »

the White Garden hotel in the old town in Antalya is a real gem , ideal for a short stop over with a lovely pool in the courtyard .

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

If You can Fly via Izmir, I would reccommend

Wyndham Grand İzmir Özdilek
Inciralti Caddesi No:67 Balcova, Balcova, 35340 Izmir, Turkey.

Taxi from airport was 200T (10GBP) early May.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Antalya old town is beautiful. Also interesting things to see and do. Waterfalls are fab. The seaworld place is amazing. Beautiful restaurants. Lovely boutique hotels, but old town not Lara Beach.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

eastendjoker wrote:
Wed 20 Jul 2022 2:45 pm
the White Garden hotel in the old town in Antalya is a real gem , ideal for a short stop over with a lovely pool in the courtyard .
Seconded, lovely hotel and Antalya old town (Kaleici) is fabulous.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I love Antalya but would prefer Izmir and all the water taxis going back and forth to "Lapta"," Karsyak" etc, etc, plus the huge huge bay where you have a "walk way", "cycle way" "car way" running from end to end. Best thing from our point of view now we are of certain age is, its flat, more or less. Plus, because it was under Italian control until fairly recent history, it has great Italian food as well.!!

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Antalya is beautiful so clean and tidy, we stayed at Adalya Port Hotel in the old town, 2 seconds from the harbour. Highly recommend this hotel, beautiful breakfast every day not your bog standard buffet, friendly staff and very clean.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

As I remarked, we loved Antalya and the old town, but the very steep steps and narrow lanes, were a bind and we ended up taking taxis back and forth to the harbour basin. We have stayed in two of the smaller boutique hotels in Antalya which were very cute but each time we found them noisy particularly with tourists coming or going on very late or very early flights. Plus the students could be very noisy sitting outside some of the jazz clubs. One hotel was an old merchants house and was lovely, but the squeaky wooden floor boards could drive you bonkers. We loved going to the penthouse bar in Izmir when it was hot at night, watching the boats of all sizes going up and down. Its horse for courses every time isn't it and I've got to the stage when I like a bit of luxury.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

I've got to the stage when I like a bit of luxury.
Me Too!!!

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

Agree with forest pixie, we stayed at the Adalya Port Hotel in the old town, best of all worlds and full of charm. Location was excellent as were the staff & breakfast etc.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”