General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Central Heating Question

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I am a self admitted numpty so please be gentle - lol. I currently have an Ariston Cares X FF 3300885 Combi boiler which provides us with hot (tap) water and hot (radiator) water, gas supplied from tank not bottles. It works really well and we are pleased with it. The heating (radiators) are controlled via a simple on/off Siemens wall mounted thermostat - this is the type that has a two wire connection to the boiler and switches the radiator heating side of the boiler on/off by the temperature setting on the thermostat.

It works but has no timer function so when we want heat we turn the knob to a higher temperature which switches on the boiler, then when it is hot enough we turn it back down to a lower temperature. Effective but you have to be in the house to make it work - and if we go out we turn it off just in case.

Recently I discovered a wireless (Siemens RDH100 RF Wireless room thermostat & Transmitter) thermostat which is pure magic to me! It will not only let me control the temp but also the time the boiler goes on and off, just the job and at £68 from the UK it is cheap - I think.

Question is: Is it possible to fit that thermostat to my boiler??? Ideas I have plenty - experience of boilers I have none. Any suggestions accepted.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Central Heating Question

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by compass »

Waddo
I use a similar system on my UK boiler and it was retro fitted to it, replacing an old mechanical clock control on the boiler.

It is as you say magic, you don't have to fix the room statt in any particular room.....you can take it to bed with you if get my meaning or any room you're using. As long as it's within it's 'range' for it to 'speak' to it's unit that's fitted to your boiler.

I would recommend that you contact Siemens customer service with your boiler details and confirm it can be fitted to your particular unit.

If it won't there are plenty of others to try and info re what they will fit should be readily available when you contact the makers.

Good luck

Compass

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks compass, have emailed the customer services and now wait in the hopes it will fit.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

When we had our new Bosch boiler fitted a couple years ago we tried a wireless thermostat which was all singing all dancing. However, unfortunately the signal was not good enough to get from the thermostat in the front (sitting) room to the boiler room. Good luck Waddo.

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

If you want someone with (UK) experience of heating systems and who provides excellent service, then I totally recommend Yenal at Northview Maintenance (+90 542 878 87 87). I'm pretty capable doing things myself but still call him when needed.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”