General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Can I leave for holiday after applying for residency

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Can anyone advise? I’ve got my first appointment at the police station later this month for residency, can I leave to go to the uk a few days after for a visit?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Can I leave for holiday after applying for residency

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

I believe you can leave and return within 60 days of your police appointment but can't currently find anything official that confirms that.

You could contact the following and ask:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: Selçuklu Caddesi, Lefkoşa, Mersin 10 Türkiye
Telephone: +90 392 601 1800 – 01
Fax: +90 392 228 4290
E-Mail: [email protected]

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Actually I was going to post about this today, having gone to Immigration this morning to find out for sure.

bluedream don't make the mistake in thinking you can adhere to their rules through the online system and not get fined leaving the country without first making your police visit, as I found out to my (great) cost last month!

c o aylin is correct once you have gone to the police with your papers and you get the police tick in the system (ie 50 or 60%) then from that very day you have 60 days that you can leave without getting a fine.

Therefore if your residency has run out and you have a future police date in the system but you need to leave the country then you must first show proof of your flight to the police and then they will process your papers at a date before the one set for you.

As I have pointed out here and to the Immigration officials given the lengthy dates they are now giving out through their system (ie 4 months+) then unfortunately the majority of people renewing residency will be forced to 'push in' and complete the police stage early.

I am not sure this creates an effective system for anybody but as this forum has a touch of the Orwellian about it I am actually very happy with the system.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

We have travelled and returned ok whilst at 60%

On returning the lady at Ercan gave us 60 days!

Nice way to treat people after being here for over 10 years. It’s ridiculous it’s taking months to get residency completed…

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

if you have a police appointment in the future and your residency is about to expire, then it is wise to leave TRNC on the same date the visa expires via a Land Border and then re-enter closer to midnight or next day to either get a 30 day , 60 day or a 90 day visa upon re-entry depending on your visa type application.

If you exit the TRNC after your visa expiration and have not had the police interview then you are an over stayer and liable to a fine for each day of overstay at a rate of 625.xx per day per person.

My visa expired on the 7th Feb and my police interview is in August , so i exited via Metehan border on the 8th Feb ( 1 day over my visa expiry date ) and was told even though i have applied online and my police interview date is in August , i have overstayed by 1 day hence fined 625.xx TL for that day.

Then upon re-entry a few hours later i was given 90 days upon proof of a sales contract.

This was my experience today but maybe different for others.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

How ridiculous this all is. People who have lived here long term 20 years done everything by the book put your entire money into this country and this is the treatment we get. Whilst thousands and thousands of illegals inc. Brits. reside here work here and do not have the required financial status to be here. It needs sorting out properly by our official organisations.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

I went to Immigration again this morning to try and push through to final payment stage before an imminent flight next week, the office that should have 7-8 people working moving the permits forward through the online system had one woman working in there I asked her where everyone else was and she told me they were all off sick!! (I mean on a Friday go figure)

She had a bundle of 'urgents' to do so would not help me and told me to go to the information desk and leave it with them to send back to her as an 'urgent'!! So if ever you wondered what is causing this backlog i'm sure these sudden outbreaks of illnesses do not help the situation.

I had a booked appointment btw, just a wasted trip I guess***.

Update*** To be fair to them though they did process it through end of the day***

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if after applying for residency renewal and had my police appointment so now stuck at 60%.... and nearly over 60 days waiting..... when this happens can I then leave the country after this as now unlikely to be completed and return in 3 or 4 months ? or would it be best to push in by going to Immigration? when I book a flight. Sorry if this is all a simple answer I am just so confused!!
Charlotte

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

You should go to immigration office and they will sort it out, if you leave for more than 60 days your application is considered null and void.

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Thanks 13roman58 for your help

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

https://randevu.icisleri.gov.ct.tr/VATA ... dasRandevu
You can make a online appointment go straight to immigration in & out 5 minutes, or go to reception they will assess your dates and advise you what to do and when.

karakum10
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by karakum10 »

last year about February we had 60% and was told we could travel. however when arriving at Ercan we were told we would be fined upon our return as the rules had been changed. had to travel so off we went to the uk.
we spent approx 4 weeks away and sure enough upon our return we had to pay a fine. £3500 for both of us!
beware of rules changing without notification.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

I’m a little confused.
If a person starts residency renewal which is usually 20 days before their current one expires - then receives a Police appointment for some time in the distant future, then leaves the country ‘before’ their current residency expires and ‘returns’ before Police appointment. This to me would be OK as there is no overstay.or is it?

Example- Residency Expires say 20th September, apply for renewal 1st September, receive Police appointment for say 20th January 2024, leave country 15th September, return to Northern Cyprus 10th January. Comments please.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Thu 27 Apr 2023 10:38 am
I’m a little confused.

Example- Residency Expires say 20th September, apply for renewal 1st September, receive Police appointment for say 20th January 2024, leave country 15th September, return to Northern Cyprus 10th January. Comments please.
If you leave before your residency expires you will not get fined, hence why suggested by saddique go to an internal border the day it expires and re enter after midnight on a visa. If the visa is kept valid you will be able to come and go without fines . I did this for years when I had a work permit and dependant on others renewing it. So your idea should work , a customer applied first time, went back and returned for the police appointment
Very interesting though I was advised at immigration on Monday even though friends had applied for renewal in November 2022 it was not registered there until February 2023 after their police appointment which probably explains why you can not leave until at 50 60 % unless you have a valid visa.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”