General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Poor experience at a Girne Opticians

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

My Husband called into an opticians in central Girne to have his glasses adjusted as they kept slipping down.

He had bought the glasses and prescription sunglasses from this optician, spending around £2,000 a couple of years ago.

He was told that it was not possible to adjust them as the lenses were too heavy - although they were Zeiss lenses, the thinnest available.

The girl was quite rude, the Manager was totally disinterested and walked away.

Hubby walked a couple of doors down to Akay Optic who were very helpful and adjusted the glasses free of charge - they now fit perfectly!

No prizes for guessing where we will go for our next pairs!

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Poor experience at a Girne Opticians

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

So glad there was a happy ending KC

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Keith, I gave up with TRNC opticians years ago and now just do a walk across into the South to AAA Optical. Free eye tests and the best spec's I have ever put on my old mug - have been wearing specs for 72 years now so have a "bit" of experience with opticians. Their prices are good and I can not fault their service either. Worth the wander across to the Dark Side matey.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Thanks guys :+1:)

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Waddo, where are AAA on the south?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ledra+S ... 705684!3e2

Boy was that hard to find! It is an easy walk from the Ledra St checkpoint, just beware of the light controlled pedestrian crossings that sometime do not work. If you want to drive there then good luck as the streets often change direction and if you don't know where you are going it's a long way back from Paphos - lol. Finding a car park is also fun - which is why we walk - but there is one at the back of the Embassy of Greece which is not marked on the maps. Best advice is to walk it first then have a wander around outside to find the car park for the next visit. It is a family business, everyone speaks english and they are some of the best and nicest people you will meet, nothing is too much effort! Hope the map URL works for you but if not let me know.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

waddo wrote:
Sat 25 Mar 2023 8:47 am
Keith, I gave up with TRNC opticians years ago and now just do a walk across into the South to AAA Optical. Free eye tests and the best spec's I have ever put on my old mug - have been wearing specs for 72 years now so have a "bit" of experience with opticians. Their prices are good and I can not fault their service either. Worth the wander across to the Dark Side matey.
waddo, directions to AAA Optical please. ie which crossing and are they within walking distance once crossed boarder, would like to give them a try.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

dap2410 - Message No 6! Cross at Ledra on foot or if brave and want to try to find it then Metahan is the one closest for crossing. Just click on the URL link and it should show you the route for walking.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”