General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Remembering Lee Rigby

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Ten years ago today 22nd May 2013, Lee Rigby was murder just outside of his barracks, by 2 men of colour in clear view of the general public on the streets of our capital city. I wonder if this brutal act of murder will be covered by the media. In particular by the BBC who gave us much coverage on their National News Service of the Steven Lawrence Day. Who was killed 30 years ago.
R.I.P Lee

Ps.
So far today on the BBC News I have only seen it mentioned on the local London BBC News.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Remembering Lee Rigby

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

A terrible watershed moment on the streets of our Capital city. May the perpetrators of this cowardly and unprovoked murder rot in hell.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

The terrible death of Lee Rigby has been covered by many other radio stations today, it’s not only BBC that people go to. We have GB News, LBC Radio, Talk Radio, Times Radio, it goes on. It is also the anniversary of the dreadful Manchester Bombings today which also has been covered.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

There was a big feature and interview with his Mother on Good Morning Britain (ITV)

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

techtrader wrote:
Mon 22 May 2023 8:25 pm
There was a big feature and interview with his Mother on Good Morning Britain (ITV)
I've met her and some of the other family during fundraising immediately after and memorial activities since which I've helped organise.

Lovely woman.

This was at Millwall FC a couple of years back when we organised a plaque to Lee which she came to see unveiled.

https://youtu.be/lcWY3b0Nz9Y

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”