General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

Mail sent here

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Has anyone tried sending mail from uk 🇬🇧 to here lately. Like there local post office . Was it something that was secure and safe

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Mail sent here

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I received my 'Proof of Life' form for my Pension a few weeks ago - posted in UK and delivered by the Alsancak Post Office to the letter box on my gatepost.

I think that it took around a month or 5 weeks from posting to actually arriving.

TRNCMaths
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by TRNCMaths »

Mail does eventually arrive - Indeed we received a Christmas card ... on April 14th.

For the record, it was perfectly addressed for a relative's address near the centre of Lefkoşa. The address of course though was hand-written, and it's possible that such mail is regarded by the post-office here to be of lesser importance.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Keithcaley wrote:
Wed 07 Jun 2023 2:02 pm
I received my 'Proof of Life' form for my Pension a few weeks ago - posted in UK and delivered by the Alsancak Post Office to the letter box on my gatepost.

I think that it took around a month or 5 weeks from posting to actually arriving.
Life certificate,the problems are enormous I have had my pension frozen twice bcos the time it takes to get to UK,they know I'm alive cos I phone them and answer all there security questions grrrr

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hammerhead, I know, it's so frustrating!

Every time that I receive one in the mail, I ask them to contact me by email, which I know that they can do, but it never happens...

A few times, I've been sure that I'm too late, but presumably made it by the skin of my teeth :)

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

I have had bank cards sent by my daughter using the international tracked and signed for service from the UK post office. Items take 3-4 weeks to arrive and can be tracked all the way to Girne.

See my post on
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53131&p=266294&hili ... ed#p266294

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”