General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Fast track residency

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I've been told today that the fast track residency has been suspended, information
from Trevor hughes at capital

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Fast track residency

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Good. It's fine to charge for form filling/downloading etc necessary to apply for residency .. it's out of order to queue jump .

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Is it "out of order" only because it is not - yet - official? https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport. Please not the section regarding "Fast Track" and I have never heard anyone complain about that yet!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

OldOwl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by OldOwl »

I think it's great that the Fast Track for Residency has been stopped.
In UK it costs £193:50 and takes place according to a certain routine. One can't compare it to the mess gone on here.
One also wonders who got the £60 here? And this, of course, is one of the reasons for the chaos that has arisen here. If you apply for Residency for one year now, the time has already almost expired when you get the permit. Crazy!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Not trying to compare the UK Fast Track to here at all, just pointing out that there are other fast track systems in full use all over the world that people take advantage of without being accused of clogging up a system in place.

No arguments with anyone that the system here is Crazy, inefficient and not fit for purpose, it is broken so maybe there is a chance that somebody might fix it at long last. Maybe a quiet word to one of the newspapers may have an effect but judging by the state of the replacement schools I doubt that would even get a mention!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Interesting....glad this apparently underhand practice has been stopped. Nothing against fast tracking, as long as it is a legal transparent process, which this, seemingly, was not.... well done to the mayor who I understand has stopped it.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

mrsgee wrote:
Fri 20 Oct 2023 5:22 pm
Interesting....glad this apparently underhand practice has been stopped. Nothing against fast tracking, as long as it is a legal transparent process, which this, seemingly, was not.... well done to the mayor who I understand has stopped it.
Did he not get his share?

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

What a lot of pain the aris there are around can’t mind their own business messing everything up just like the BRS. If it weren’t for them sticking their nose in we wouldn’t have this problem. So many busy bodies here

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

gates wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2023 9:43 am
What a lot of pain the aris there are around can’t mind their own business messing everything up just like the BRS. If it weren’t for them sticking their nose in we wouldn’t have this problem. So many busy bodies here
Maybe the "pains in the aris" feel it is their business if their applications are taking longer.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

gates wrote:

Not a case of should be minding their own business, more a point this messed up people who do things by the book.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Agree not minding their own business more of a case whether taxes paid and whether it was legal. Things often come back to bite you and after seeing in the papers genuine people have paid and received bogus rights to live here. Fast track should be an alternative when applying not offered by other establishments unless they have permission to offer the service.
Gates you have run a legal business here.

gates

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Yes I have and it cost me a fortune dealing with the bureaucracy here. A complete nightmare. If I had known i would never bother as nobody respects it. How am I supposed to compete with an illegal business. No chance

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

gates wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2023 11:10 am
Yes I have and it cost me a fortune dealing with the bureaucracy here. A complete nightmare. If I had known i would never bother as nobody respects it. How am I supposed to compete with an illegal business. No chance
In that case you are fully aware of the Illegal dealings and how it effects YOU.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

gates wrote:
What a great post and so Bloody True... I can't remember the BRS bloke that caused this but he should have been publicly flogged in the centre of Girne.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I can! but unfortunately he had hoped the country would put it in writing but the spotlight was turned on residency, now too many people to backtrack. The health care was another thing but most would go to a private hospital. He did admit I was one of the few he knew that legally worked here and understood why I thought membership would never really be able to help me. Luckily I am not required hopefully, never to go down the residency route.
The renewal should be made easier for the over 60's who receive a pension, that should reduce the time it takes for a majority of what i call true residents who just want to live their days in peace.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Snd 1966 The renewal should be made easier for the over 60's who receive a pension, that should reduce the time it takes for a majority of what i call true residents who just want to live their days in…….. How true peace quite and all happy 😊

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

snd1966 wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2023 2:35 pm
The renewal should be made easier for the over 60's who receive a pension, that should reduce the time it takes for a majority of what i call true residents who just want to live their days in peace.
Why only the over 60's? Renewal should be easier for everyone especially where nothing has changed from the previous year. I'm currently in the process of my 17th residency but still under 60 so don't see why it should be any different for me.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

[quote=JoandJelly post_id=300207
Why only the over 60's? Renewal should be easier for everyone especially where nothing has changed from the previous year. I'm currently in the process of my 17th residency but still under 60 so don't see why it should be any different for me.
[/quote]
Not many under 60's have a regular income but yes if you have taken early retirement at 55 why not :)
They know there are lots of people earning money without being correctly employed, again not a simple system to open a business as gates has mentioned or even being correctly employed. They also know younger people borrow money to boost their bank accounts

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

snd1966 wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2023 4:59 pm
[quote=JoandJelly post_id=300207
Not many under 60's have a regular income but yes if you have taken early retirement at 55 why not :)
They know there are lots of people earning money without being correctly employed, again not a simple system to open a business as gates has mentioned or even being correctly employed. They also know younger people borrow money to boost their bank accounts
[/quote]

Then ask for 1 years bank statement’s who can afford to loan money for a year….. if this is a way people are claiming more money than they actually have.
If everyone is buying government healthcare and most have additional private, that should suffice. Although can see the need for income to prove you can look after yourself.
But whilst there are loopholes they’ll be way to bluff the system for good honest people doing thing legally.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”