Kharri8118
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Help with Care

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Kharri8118 »

Dear All

I am looking for some help.

My father (84) has lived in TRNC for 19 years in Catalkoy. Last week he had a stroke and is in Nicosia general hospital. He is recovering well and has movement back in his arm and leg but it is improving. He is being sent home tomorrow and we need to find a live in carer for a few weeks. My mother cannot help as he used to care for her in a small way.

If any one can therefore help with the following it would be appreciated.

The name of a carer or carer organisation around the Catalkoy area
The name of a physiotherapist who could visit at home to help improve his mobility
The loan of a wheel chair for a couple of weeks.

My father has friends who I am sure will rally around but at the moment I dont know them having just arrived here and I dont speak the language.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin Harriman ( son of David Harriman)

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Help with Care

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Very sorry to hear about your father Kevin. I hope he gets better soon. Ask him if he belongs to the British Residents Society or The Foreign Residents society. If he does, he should have their contact numbers. They should be able to help. They have wheelchairs and other medical equipment that people can borrow. They are also on FB

emineden
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by emineden »

Hi Sorry to hear about your dad. I can strongly recommend Sahveren Yucel 0533 860 1525 she is an excellent fully qualified Physiotherapist. She speaks English.

Best wishes
Dennis

canadavisa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by canadavisa »

Dear Kevin Harriman,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your father's recent health challenges. It's a tough situation, especially being in a new place and not knowing where to turn for assistance. It's heartening to know that your father is recovering well.

For finding a live-in carer or carer organization in the Catalkoy area, I would suggest reaching out to local community centers, and hospitals, or even speaking with the medical staff at Nicosia General Hospital. They might have recommendations or contacts for such services.

Regarding a physiotherapist who can provide home visits to assist with your father's mobility, seeking referrals from the hospital or local clinics could be beneficial. They might be able to connect you with professionals who can help.

As for a temporary wheelchair loan, I recommend checking out https://wheelchair-hire.co.uk/ They offer a range of wheelchair rental services and might be able to assist you in this regard, even if temporarily.

Additionally, reaching out to your father's friends could indeed be beneficial. They might offer support and guidance, especially considering their familiarity with the area and potential local resources.

I hope these suggestions point you in the right direction, and I wish your father a speedy recovery. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Ellen Ramsdale

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”