General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum

Yet another example of efficiency 4 no power

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Are they testing us out 4 hours yesterday and now 4 hours still off. Surely this is a complete disaster for any government in piece time to allow this why do we have it this end all the time. Is there any way i can protest as calling Kibtek is absolutely useless.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Yet another example of efficiency 4 no power

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

not sure how accurate it is but heard Turkish cable within 2 years, can anyone confirm??

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

frugal90 wrote:
Thu 07 Dec 2023 4:28 pm
not sure how accurate it is but heard Turkish cable within 2 years, can anyone confirm??

Which 2 years though?

2030 & 2050?

Or 2 mythical years perhaps?

I'm not holding my breath!

gates

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

2 years it’s not even cold yet and we have 4 hours power out. The day before yesterday we had 4 hours over in morning thinking that our turn ovver the 2 more evening. How can this be if we taking turns.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

They are stating a lot of maintenance work Tatlısu way, it seems most days an announcement is going out for that area. I look at their facebook page , not sure if it's on their site page.

gates

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I suppose Christmas Day is going to be a dance round the power cuts. It will be interesting to see if we have the same problem on there day. Should be interesting 🤨

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by compass »

I read it was going to take a year or more for the feasibility studies to be completed for the Turkish connector cable.... then possible another 3 years to do the work.....

So don't hold your breath. To be fair it's a massive project and I've no doubt it will be completed and what a difference it will make. Just not sure how they will cope in the meantime with the population explosion that's happening.

Compass

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

The Government,if you can call them that, should put a stop to all the building now. How can they let it keep going on? KIbtek can not supply the house now and they make the solar option so difficult and expensive.

gates

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have given up. Spoken to them twice no resenadle response. Just seems that some of us are suffering more than others. It’s not being felt every where. I suppose if you got a dignity in your area then you miss it. About the same as anything else in this country

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

compass wrote:
Sun 10 Dec 2023 11:21 am
I read it was going to take a year or more for the feasibility studies to be completed for the Turkish connector cable.... then possible another 3 years to do the work.....

So don't hold your breath. To be fair it's a massive project and I've no doubt it will be completed and what a difference it will make. Just not sure how they will cope in the meantime with the population explosion that's happening.

Compass
the feasibility study will take a year, the production of the cable (waiting list) will take minimum 3 years + one or two years for the installation.
so, do not expect the cable to be ready before 2028.
and if 2028 the russian (Rosatom) nuclear power station in Akkuyu is not ready, then not sufficient power for the TRNC is available....

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

No doubt about ..we all need to prepare and work round long power cuts..longer cuts are on the cards most definitely..much more than previous years..in order to share out electricity to accommodate new builds and existing buildings …
Prepare everyone …

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

kiplet wrote:
Mon 11 Dec 2023 5:50 am
Prepare everyone …
Got a generator after July 2022 4 day reduction of power followed by I think February 2023 3 day reduced power. At least in winter you can more easily get warm if you are mobile but summer I was like a zombie with lack of sleep and work.

gates

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

One thing that amazes me is we still change the clock to put the lights and heating on earlier. Am i the only one that thinks this out of date stupidity should be changed. How many people are up and about by 6 it is a complete and utter disgrace. Has no anyone ever asked the question of cost let alone the ridiculous idea. Why not change it back now. Or more put it back 2 hours. Perhaps i am crazy

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

gates wrote:
Mon 11 Dec 2023 2:55 pm
One thing that amazes me is we still change the clock to put the lights and heating on earlier. Am i the only one that thinks this out of date stupidity should be changed. How many people are up and about by 6 it is a complete and utter disgrace. Has no anyone ever asked the question of cost let alone the ridiculous idea. Why not change it back now. Or more put it back 2 hours. Perhaps i am crazy
I'm up at 4/30 to 5 every morning ...all my working life I had early starts, Still in bed at 6am lucky you.....you dont know your born
And dont think they will change back the clocks been like it for many many years

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

The TRNC is to become an electricity hub for Europe and beyond, according to a report in the Cyprus Today!
The guy who said this must be off with the fairies.
Last edited by Brazen on Wed 13 Dec 2023 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

gates

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

No im not still in bed at 6 but it makes sense to electricity bills if most people are still in bed till 8 so what is the point of it

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

gates wrote:
Tue 12 Dec 2023 7:47 am
No im not still in bed at 6 but it makes sense to electricity bills if most people are still in bed till 8 so what is the point of it
Really can’t see what you’re getting at 🤔 if clocks go back or forward people are still up. No one I know is still in bed at 8am Electric still gets used if one person or more are in the house whatever time they are up.
It has to be paid .

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

gates wrote:
Mon 11 Dec 2023 2:55 pm
the "winter time" is the "normal time", here: + 2 hrs. same as egypt, libanon and israel.
what you are saying is: summer time should be normal time.
two main issues made it that (in NC) we have the summer-winter time.
1. the public did not want that all and especially their children are waking up and are driven to shool /work in the dark.
in deep winter, sunrise is at approx 6:50. at summer time it would be 7:50.
2. as many work in the RoC, they did not want that cyprus as an island is in two different time zones.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Hair Cut wrote:
Sun 10 Dec 2023 12:38 pm
The Government,if you can call them that, should put a stop to all the building now. How can they let it keep going on? KIbtek can not supply the house now and they make the solar option so difficult and expensive.
Totally agree with every point you wrote. Kibtek!!! Not fit for purpose.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”