General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Chaos at the Police station (residency)

•   Message 1 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We went to the Police station two days ago to increase our residency from 20% to 50 or 60% because we are due to fly out next week.

We took all the required documents as per the notice on the residency web site plus flight tickets, or so we thought?

We arrived at 07.40 there were 5 people in front of us, one guy had 5 applications another had 4 applications. The window opened at 08.25!

I got served at 11.15am, there was only one officer doing the applications.

He asked, "where are your original bank cards" where are your original utility bills"? We have never used original cards before only copies. We were sent away.

Today we got there at 07.10, there were four in front of us, one lady was there at 06.30! The window opened at 08.20, by 09.00 it was my turn, handed over the correct forms, he came back again, where is your pension? What? Where does it say pension? We explained my pension is paid directly into our English bank, he didnt care, sent us away again. Had to go back again with my P60 which he reluctantly accepted. It was howling with rain, people trying to push in, tempers raging. We have been here over 20yrs and get treated like this, shameful.
This country is going to the dogs.

buddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Chaos at the Police station (residency)

•   Message 2 of 74 in Discussion

Post by buddy »

Dreadful day to be stood outside in the rain !
Did you take bank statements for here and UK ? Surely you wouldn't be handing over Your bank cards .
It's very problematic especially if someone has to return to UK in an emergency.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

It was lashing down, they have a canopy but the rain was pouring in, people were huddled together. To compound the issue the Policeman was handed 6 passports from the other side where the corridor is, he spent 30 minutes dealing with them first! You are right, bank statements from here not the UK, not bank cards sorry. They really couldn't give a toss what we think.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 74 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

What an appalling way to be treated. I think you should file a complaint with the interior ministry. If these further documents are required, they should be included amongst the list which you are told of online. It honestly sounds like things are being pulled out of thin air to frustrate applicants.
I can see no reason as to why a bank card should be shown, and this new thing with utility bills is ridiculous.
In the past, I've taken copies of several months UK bank statements and highlighted pension on every one, plus bank statements from local bank.
Will see what happens when I have to renew later on this year. Hopefully it's a better state of affairs in Famagusta.

Just see that you meant UK bank statements and not bank cards. How can you give originals when you have to print them out yourself? All my UK bank accounts are paper free these days.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

You are so right, they are asking for documents which are not on the on line residency form. Its an appalling situation, to have to wait four hours and then get turned away is just outrageous. I dont see any point in complaining, nothing will ever change. Its so frustrating to look through the window in the rain while they drink coffee laughing an joking with each other, they have no shame!! I was about to say how do they sleep at night? very comfortably I would think. I have threatened to leave this lousy island before, perhaps this is now my time?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 74 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I feel so bad for you and for anyone else that has to endure this shocking treatment. It does sound like that individual has a huge chip on his shoulder. I do think that the Interior Ministry, should be at least informed of this latest demand on unlisted documents to be produced.
I can fully understand your thoughts on leaving, there are many who have the same frame of mind. I'm just keeping all crossed for later in the year. You honestly think that after all these years, things would start to get easier for us.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 74 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I've just had a thought regarding request for utility bills. Could it be they are being asked for, for those who are leaving the country and showing flight tickets? Just in case they don't come back and to make sure they are fully paid up. It's the only thing that I can think of.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

"We arrived at 07.40 there were 5 people in front of us, one guy had 5 applications another had 4 applications. The window opened at 08.25!"

That is a bit that I find interesting - 5 applications would mean 5 appointments all at the same time??? Maybe the Girne Mayor should be informed about the que jumping he said he would have stopped!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

These are not "appointments" they are agents well paid for sorting out other peoples residency which the Police turn a blind eye to. or are receiving a backhander.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 74 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Fri 26 Jan 2024 6:59 pm
These are not "appointments" they are agents well paid for sorting out other peoples residency which the Police turn a blind eye to. or are receiving a backhander.
And something they said was stopping. Feel for you, the interior ministry should really , or is it really should look at changing rules for those who have lived here trouble free for 10 years plus especially those receiving a pension. I am sure the country will miss them when they are gone.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 74 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

alphamike wrote:
Fri 26 Jan 2024 5:09 pm
I've just had a thought regarding request for utility bills. Could it be they are being asked for, for those who are leaving the country and showing flight tickets? Just in case they don't come back and to make sure they are fully paid up. It's the only thing that I can think of.
I read on another forum that utility bills are being asked for from immoveable property applicants that don't have a koçan in their name.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 74 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

snd1966 wrote:
Fri 26 Jan 2024 7:35 pm
Mollie the cat wrote:
Fri 26 Jan 2024 6:59 pm
And something they said was stopping. Feel for you, the interior ministry should really , or is it really should look at changing rules for those who have lived here trouble free for 10 years plus especially those receiving a pension. I am sure the country will miss them when they are gone.
Yes we have been there trying to progress our renewal and can confirm both days we attended, neither of which resulted in a positive outcome, the fixers were there with a bundle of apps, straight to the front and handed over for processing. Corruption at its finest, and final nail in the coffin for us, after 15 years, no more thank you!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 74 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

JoandJelly wrote:
Fri 26 Jan 2024 9:41 pm
alphamike wrote:
Fri 26 Jan 2024 5:09 pm
I read on another forum that utility bills are being asked for from immoveable property applicants that don't have a koçan in their name.
Good grief. Makes no sense whatsoever. Kibtek cut you off if you don't pay up. Can't speak about water/property tax as beles have differing metering methods. If these are to be included, it should be stated on the online process for clarity and less confusion. It's a complete and utter bourach.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Do you know what is really sad about this place, we have lived here for over 20yrs. We pay our taxes, we employ local gardeners, we actively support two well known charities, we support local businesses, we fly out of the North.

Recently me and my golf buddies raised over £900 for a local primary school, we bought a top class air con, provided much needed equipment for the classrooms, a porch to hang their clothes and other needs. We dont want any praise or thanks its just a nice thing to do.

This is the way authorities repay us, yesterday there was a couple two rows behind us who we know, after we were refused for a second time we drove home (20 minutes) searched for my pension P60 which shouldent be supplied, copied it, drove back. The couple had not moved an inch, the fat controller decided to have a long coffee break, when they got home they messaged us, they were so cold and wet they went straight back to bed to get warm.

What a sorry state this country has become, traffic a nightmare, prices through the roof, we have been broken into 3 times, chain saw stolen last year from our shed, the list goes on.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 74 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

I think the failing of this 'new' system has been highlighted here by myself and others months ago but what we are seeing now is actually worse it has now become an INHUMANE process, where we are given a 'hatch' to plead for our right to live here to unsympathetic and lazy police in all weathers... it has literally become a Dickensian scene!

This place continues to destroy people I know firstly by taking all of our money and now telling us we can't afford to live here I mean you can't make this up, anyone might conclude this was all planned! Going back 20+ years this was a beautiful calm lovely place to reside all of that has gone now literally all of it and basically down to greed...greed greed greed!!!

I see another thread mentioning the BRS, I mean seriously don't get me started!! The only interest they have is to sit at the top table with the local fat cats and politicians (god if I see another picture of their fat bellies protruding over their M&S trousers i'll throw up!!) these waste of timers will never do anything to upset their perfect 'situation' believe me!!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Post of the year!!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

it wouldn't take much to make the process a whole lot more comfortable and easier for those who have to visit the Police station. There is plenty of room to erect a porta cabin outside the window with benches or chairs to sit while waiting, they could introduce a ticket system like they used to at Lefkosa, every time I have been there is always people trying to push in and not queue.

Of the 20 or so the other day not one person had an appointment for that day, just shows how stupid the system is, mine was 28th August what does that tell you! I asked a question to this forum the other day, can you go South with 50%, I have been told you need 60%?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

So, if you went the other day - presumably in January - why did you go when your appointment was 28th of August? Confused there. Did you just turn up in the hopes or was it yet another return visit?

I really think that the way the system is organised - apply and get an automated appointment time - then just go and chance your arm is probably the only way to get through it. Yes, I know that is wrong and we are brought up to stand around and wait and not jump in front of others, but if it is the only way to get through the mess this situation is in then why not. When in Rome etc, etc.

It appears that it will get worse and worse as time passes and we have a choice of using a "Fixer" or sitting and waiting for the coffee to be drunk and the talking to stop before a couple of people will get seen? Very sad situation for all yet the Government do not care it seems.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

If you read my original post at the top we are flying out of the country next Thursday, I was only on 20% on my residency. There is no way I was "queue jumping" I didnt want to leave with 20% in case it caused me problems on my return.

In addition we are leaving here another three times before August. You are right the situation can only get worse, people with less patience than me and that says something will get cheesed off with the whole situation and leave here.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Like so many of those posting we have been here 20 years and fully intended to live the rest of our lives here. For many years we took advantage of the ‘gentlemans’ agreement built a property, paid our taxes, bought cars, paid for healthcare including expensive operations and brought all our hard earned savings. We fully understand that the TRNC belongs to the Turkish Cypriots and we respect their right to rule it as they wish. It does seem however that the attitude towards foreigners of all nationalities has changed since we arrived here, today it seems that they are tolerated and seen as a nuisance. In Portugal after 5 years you can apply for a passport and you become a resident, here you jump through the ‘temporary resident’ process forever and no prospect of becoming a citizen..unless of course you bring I believe £3m into the country!
No one minds applying every 2 years (better perhaps 5 years) but the current system is broken and quite frankly is frightening the most vulnerable elderly here…the powers that be should be ashamed of themselves. Sadly if nothing changes soon we also feel it’s time to leave!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Mollie, not accusing you of anything - just trying to get my old head around this whole thing - lol. Come September and our 18th application, yet keeping in mind the possibility of the minimum wage going up at least three times (May/Sep/Jan) before we will get any police appointment, my financial projections tell me that I "Might" just sneak in under the wire for a further 2 years. But that will be it and we are already planning for lift off by the 1st of June 2026. Just hope that Kato can deal with the climate change when he gets there with us - lol.

Even if a miracle were to occur and we were told we no longer were required to do residency renewal - two chances of that and the best one is none - we have had enough of the mess the Government have made of all their promises. It is sad to leave a life we built here for retirement and plowed all of our finances into this country but such is life. Somebody has to pay for the new Range Rovers and BMW's in this land of fur coats and no knickers, it won't be us in the future. We will take our pensions back to the UK and buy some more thermal clothes - lol. Take care out there and enjoy whatever future you have planned - good luck.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 74 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Up the Reds - totally agree we moved from N Cyprus to Portugal for numerous reasons including being fed up with how behind everything was … it’s sad that you do have to pay a fixer to get residency through and it’s unacceptable you are restricted etc travel wise etc.

Once we had our 2nd interview in Portugal you get two years - then next time it’s 3 years then after that as you said you get permanent residency…!

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

I'm afraid the current disturbances and strife in the middle east is not helping the typical Ex pat in Northern Cyprus. Is there an increased level of undesirable? 6 months residency, increased difficulties and poor service levels for ex pats?
History is once again influencing matters.
The Muslim eastern and the Christian western cultures continue to clash as they have since the days of the crusaders. Erdogan of Turkey, the "ruler" of North Cyprus has accused the west of barbarism in Gaza. Current UK raids on the Houthis in Yemen, emanate from battleship Cyprus. The Christian UK and Christian evangelists in America outwardly support the Jews in Israel. Its all a little concerning to me.

I wonder a subconscious underlying animosity in Cyprus against the West, Christianity and the UK.

However, I do think that the presence or Turkish forces in TRNC offer an undisputable level of security against any outside and unwanted intervention; at least in the Norther part of Cyprus. As for the UK bases in the South. They are the nearest UK sovereign territory to the now rather volatile region some 80 miles distant.
Thoughts on a postcard are welcome.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 74 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

The fixers know what they are doing and when they turn up at the old bill station they have the right documents. It must be a joy for the police to deal with them.

The last time I went to Girne Police Stn there were a few ex-pats wandering about with no real idea and next to no paperwork. One German bloke thought his Police interview was going to be a sit down with a panel of officers but he was 4 months early anyway & an English gent had no property paperwork apart from a receipt showing no tax paid & he said he's never paid tax & has no intention of starting. It must be a nightmare for the Police.

Here's a suggestion for the BRS to earn their keep. They should become the fixers for expat members. Have constant weekly workshops going through what is needed for each eventuality and sit downs with individual members. They could have a Police/Immigration officer attend once a month to go through a bundle of oven ready applications approved by the BRS as being in order.

There could be an afternoon a week set aside for BRS members at the Police stations whose applications have been approved by the BRS & Police/Immigration at the workshops - and during that afternoon scores of applications could be put through the computer system very quickly and without fuss. This alleviates the time wasted at the counters because people are lacking in paperwork etc & the appointment dates fiasco.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

The BRS now becomes the Police - you could not write this! Why not have a permanent member of the BRS attached to the Police themselves, there is at least one who used to be a kind of Policeman anyway. Why not have the BRS Office lodged at immigration as well so they can be on hand to assist all their members. In fact why not have the BRS run the whole country - that would solve everything - lol. The madness just continues to grow the further you wish to take it - I just sit and wait for the RRS (Russian) and the IRS (Iranian) to form up as well and lets not forget the PRS (Pakistani), the ANRS (African Nations) and any other alphabet soup group you can think up.

As for the "Fixers" one can only hope that when they turn up with the right documents they do so to attend an appointment made through the immigration website like everyone else, otherwise they would never get to see the police would they!!! Now sorting that problem out would be a real feather for the BRS!!

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 74 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

waddo wrote:
Tue 06 Feb 2024 3:04 pm
The BRS now becomes the Police - you could not write this! Why not have a permanent member of the BRS attached to the Police themselves, there is at least one who used to be a kind of Policeman anyway. Why not have the BRS Office lodged at immigration as well so they can be on hand to assist all their members. In fact why not have the BRS run the whole country - that would solve everything - lol. The madness just continues to grow the further you wish to take it - I just sit and wait for the RRS (Russian) and the IRS (Iranian) to form up as well and lets not forget the PRS (Pakistani), the ANRS (African Nations) and any other alphabet soup group you can think up.

As for the "Fixers" one can only hope that when they turn up with the right documents they do so to attend an appointment made through the immigration website like everyone else, otherwise they would never get to see the police would they!!! Now sorting that problem out would be a real feather for the BRS!!
Somehow what you read is not what I wrote but I'm assuming that was deliberate for sarcastic effect.

The BRS would alleviate the wasted time by making sure all applications are fit for purpose.

Apart from leaving the island I see no positive or practical offerings from you. Are you able to contribute?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Perhaps you would like to trawl through the 4762 posts I have made since joining this group and see if you can find anything I have been able to contribute? I will gladly leave the Island next year and let the BRS continue the good work they do for their members alone. You say that - "The BRS would alleviate the wasted time by making sure all applications are fit for purpose." - but you really mean "all BRS members applications", which to me seems a self sustaining solution that ensures BRS membership, rather than helpful assistance to everyone else. Having been a BRS member and having left some time ago, I have nothing against their work, I just find it better to use the system in place rather than try to prop up a failed system. Good luck with your ideas, keep them going but lets stay on track with the subject at hand.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

A good friend of mine went to the Police station today for his residency, in front of him was a lady, she presented her paperwork to the officer, her bank statement showed 20,000 TL, he told her if she didnt show 20,000 Euros in there in 5 days she would be deported, she rents here.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 74 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Tue 06 Feb 2024 6:10 pm
A good friend of mine went to the Police station today for his residency, in front of him was a lady, she presented her paperwork to the officer, her bank statement showed 20,000 TL, he told her if she didnt show 20,000 Euros in there in 5 days she would be deported, she rents here.
20,000 TL is about £500? 🤔

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 74 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

My daughters application was rejected because her name was on a joint account with mine, the officer said it had to be only in her name. Also, he said it had to show a monthly statements. The acounts more then covered the 20,000 euros but were in a yearly savings account. Our bank said they could not supply month by month statements. We have since heard that they will only accept statements from a current account .

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 74 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 07 Feb 2024 12:00 pm
My daughters application was rejected because her name was on a joint account with mine, the officer said it had to be only in her name. Also, he said it had to show a monthly statements. The acounts more then covered the 20,000 euros but were in a yearly savings account. Our bank said they could not supply month by month statements. We have since heard that they will only accept statements from a current account .
This was at Girne? We showed joint account statements from deposit accounts in October, as usual, and they were fine. It very much sounds as if they are looking for ways to knock back applications. If BRS want to be useful they need to get some clarity on what is needed for the police appointment and get it agreed and published to assist applicants and the police.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 74 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Yes Girne. I think it very much depends on how that officer interprets the rules, what sort of day he is having and which side of the bed he got out on.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 74 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Was sat in the bank last week and was listendingvto the BRS guy tell an American Lady the same thing about amount needed in the bank and that it had to be there for 6 months, she was worried sick as her appointment is for April! She did have other money but just not in her local account. Think that this will be a definite worry to lots of residents

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 74 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Why isn't there an up to date list of requirements near to where the queue is at the police station. This would save a lot of frustration of people standing for hours just to be turned away!

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 74 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 07 Feb 2024 1:05 pm
Why isn't there an up to date list of requirements near to where the queue is at the police station. This would save a lot of frustration of people standing for hours just to be turned away!
And why can't adult children be carers, we came over in 2003/4 after my father had a heart attack, i was 37! Taking a 2 year career break. There would be no way he would of transferred his house to us but we were here to help him and he financially supported us on paper and responsible for our actions. i know a lot of people who reside with their elderly parents . My father returned to the uk in 2006 , we started residency in November 2004, completing in August 2005, our own fault as there was no need to chase up in those days. Finally we decided to stay and I got a job which covered my residency issue in the future with a permit and left my brother to look after him in the UK for the next 14 years.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 74 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

I understand the need for the police to stop illegal activities, sometimes that introducing requirements that can create problems and frustration for people that are legally here and contribute a lot to the trnc economy. I do hope that the people will look at the problems created by these policies that massively effect the law abiding people and will probably have no effect on the illegal act will look again and have a re think.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Even more chaos this time at immigration in Lefkosa. Partner was 61 2 days ago, 2yr residency should be 60yrs. In late November last year we paid two years health insurance, a few days ago the final permit came through 1 year only!! You couldn't make it up here. Appointment made for a visit this morning, spoke to immigration they said prove to us you paid two years health insurance. Of course we had no bank statement to show the transaction so sent away. They insisted we only paid for 1 year, we now have a bank statement showing the 2 year payment so another trip in the morning, what a pain.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 74 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 07 Feb 2024 12:10 pm
thornaby wrote:
This was at Girne? We showed joint account statements from deposit accounts in October, as usual, and they were fine. It very much sounds as if they are looking for ways to knock back applications. If BRS want to be useful they need to get some clarity on what is needed for the police appointment and get it agreed and published to assist applicants and the police.
ETS, Was your application a main applicant and sponsor?

thornaby, Can you sponsor a daughter if she us over 18 if not you would require a separate set of documents?

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 74 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 07 Feb 2024 1:05 pm
It should be in on immigration website also

RJW
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 74 in Discussion

Post by RJW »

Get the impression they dont want us anymore!!As the norm here nothing is clearly explained .But lets keeping building ,leave all the skeleton Hotels and other properties unfinished and add more new builds to a infrastructure that cant cope in all areas.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 74 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

kerry 6138 wrote:
Wed 07 Feb 2024 5:18 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 07 Feb 2024 12:10 pm
thornaby wrote:
ETS, Was your application a main applicant and sponsor?

Two separate applications as in we both applied in our own right

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 74 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I'm panicking now re P60. Mine goes to UK and forwarded here, so I won't get it until end of April and am due to go on March 11th.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 74 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

You could produce your last P60, as the new one will not be out until the end of March/beginning of April, so too late for your residency appointment anyway.
They didn't want my P60 last time for residency in 2022. I did highlight my pension on UK bank statements at the time, which was acceptable then. Am damned if I'm transferring my pension to a bank here monthly and losing money in the process. I transfer it to my Chase account and use the card here for practically everything. Suppose I could print out Chase statements too. I do have a local bank account too though, so hopefully between them all, fingers crossed.
I know things have changed now, so looking forward to the next renewal like a hole in the head. Like many of us getting older, we could well be doing without all this hassle. Never thought I'd say it, but the old system back in the good old days was way better than this.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Presumably anyone that does not meet the requirements will be told to leave PDQ. As many of us have a 7-8 month time lag between application and the police interview will we in that case be charged for the time we’ve overstayed?

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 74 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

As I understand it, any application rejection comes with a 5 day warning to leave. You are not fined retroactively.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

ginge wrote:
Sat 10 Feb 2024 11:40 am
As I understand it, any application rejection comes with a 5 day warning to leave. You are not fined retroactively.
Thanks

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 09 Feb 2024 3:07 pm
I'm panicking now re P60. Mine goes to UK and forwarded here, so I won't get it until end of April and am due to go on March 11th.

You could try registering to receive your pension P60 online, fill forming bit tedious but may help.

https://www.yourpensionservice.org.uk/m ... -guide.pdf

https://www.yourpensionservice.org.uk/m ... ur-p60.pdf
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Tip: I went to the Police station 2 weeks ago, a friend went last week, he checked today, he was able to pay his insurance and get 60 percent, just checked mine, same, now 60 percent, they must have pulled their fingers out! Was not expecting it for a long time!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 74 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

But how long did you wait for your police appointment? That seems to be the big sticking point really.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 74 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

You are not kidding, officially its 24th August! We are leaving the Island four times before then. We went with our plane tickets as we were flying out the week after. After the visit we got 50 percent.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”