Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

egold
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Parking in the new airport

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by egold »

Hello islanders,

I used to take a flight from the new airport last year and I took a taxi, now my wife is about to travel and I am going to take her to the airport myself,
can I park somewhere close to the entrance for half an hour or so?

Thanks a lot,
Eugene.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Parking in the new airport

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

There is parking underground and non underground very near to the entrance to the terminal. For the time you are there you should pay tl70.
The underground carpark I thought was poorly lit and with very poor signage as to where the exit to the terminal building is.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

It’s a bit of a joke tbh…..having visited the new airport a few times people just park virtually outside the entrance and try to just get away with it.
There were never less than 20/30 cars outside both departures and arrivals. Plus many cars parked further down the road approx 300 meters away to avoid paying for parking.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

We waited just outside of the airport and asked our friend to call when they were outside, drive by pick up.

Agreed, very badly sign posted and lit at night!

egold
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by egold »

So I took a trial drive on Sunday to see things and the road.

As you enter the airport premises there is a parking on the right, but the sign says it is a "STAFF PARKING", so I am not sure if the travelers are allowed there?

As I am planning to get there late evening around midnight I think I will put in the second line in front of the entrance, unlikely the police will be there, but if I get a fine - well, will have to pay.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Jeez, just pay the car park charge. You say you will only be there half-hour or so.
libens volens potens

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Recently been twice but admit would not be happy to go alone, need to reassure myself I am doing in right.
We entered the carpark via the signs on the roundabout, lights do go on via movement when entering the underground park, the first time we just parked on a front row and then looked for the entrance which was to the left. When found I went back and moved the car to opposite the entrance as the parking bays were empty. The second time we just drove to this area. Walked across , first time used the none working escalator, second time the lift. Wandered through the cars to the terminal and went via departures , via the working escalator down to arrivals. Very few seats on lower floor, luckily found 2 where we could see the arrival hall, second time plane was down and bags already on belt. Left via arrivals crossed road, used lift and car unlocked to see it as lights didn't go on until we entered the car park.

Tambala
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Tambala »

What about long-term parking at the new Ercan? I’ve read it has got very expensive - 400 TL / day. Are there any alternatives, like an off site parking with a shuttle service? Taxi is not an option for us, need to park our car for 2 weeks.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

There is an alternative. There is a car rental place not far from the airport. They are called Ayaz rent a car, www.ercanairportparking.com We used them 2 weeks ago, its 5 euro a day to park, the compound is secure, its locked overnight. They transport you to the airport and collect you on return in a dolmus type vehicle, They do however charge 5 euros to take you to the airport not each way. its about a 5 minute ride from their place.

Directions: When you reach the last dual carriageway to the airport you see a petrol station on the left, turn right through the dual carriageway, drive about 300 yards, take the first left, go straight, its on the right you cant miss it. A LOT cheaper than airport parking.

At today's rate that 175 TL per day less than half the price of the terminal and they drop you right at departures no hassle of parking your car and having to lug your cases.
Last edited by Mollie the cat on Sun 31 Mar 2024 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

:+1:) :+1:)

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We picked our daughter up from Ercan last night. We planned to go to the car park but missed the turning (signs are at the turnings, too small and not visible in the dark). We went left instead of straight on and ended up driving past arrivals to get back around to car park. Anyway, park at arrivals at your peril now, lots of officers waving on cars, blowing whistles and happily handing out tickets. A friend got one last week - 600TL+ (though you can pay it online). We found the car park, parked in the underground bit, went up the non working escalators one floor to arrivals - the lifts are working. Our daughter was already out, she was probably there when we drove past! Got back to the car fairly quickly and we were surprised that we didn't have to pay. Not sure how long you get for free, maybe 15 minutes(?) even if we had to pay 70TL it's a lot better than paying a parking ticket.

Found the charges, see below
FB_IMG_1711865816172.jpg

Tambala
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Tambala »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2024 8:58 am
There is an alternative. There is a car rental place not far from the airport. They are called Ayaz rent a car, www.ercanairportparking.com We used them 2 weeks ago, its 5 euro a day to park, the compound is secure, its locked overnight. They transport you to the airport and collect you on return in a dolmus type vehicle, They do however charge 5 euros to take you to the airport not each way. its about a 5 minute ride from their place.

Directions: When you reach the last dual carriageway to the airport you see a petrol station on the left, turn right through the dual carriageway, drive about 300 yards, take the first left, go straight, its on the right you cant miss it. A LOT cheaper than airport parking.

At today's rate that 175 TL per day less than half the price of the terminal and they drop you right at departures no hassle of parking your car and having to lug your cases.
Thanks a lot!
I drove by the airport recently and spotted another parking place at the old terminal roundebout here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Te8gcFywkuLaX7rT8?g_st=ic
They are closer to the airport, charge 200 TL a day, shuttle service included. Anybody had experience (good or bad) with them?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I called in there 1st March thinking it was the car rental place I mentioned, they didnt have a clue what I was talking about! They didnt offer any parking there, maybe a communication issue?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Now you've frightened me to death. Will be doing two return journeys in the next three weeks, thankfully during daylight hours. How much is a Taxi return from Alsancak. Anyone used that method lately please?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”