General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cyprus mail prooaganda

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

The Cyprus mail made a big song and dance about a lawyer being arrested on a 2007 arrest warrant related I believe to Gary robb.

They made out it was all linked to more recent property sales and potential other spurious arrest related to new developments might happen .

That lawyer has now been acquitted ...

Imo the greek Cypriots are mostly seething that they are being prevented from laundering the russian money that's gone on for decades ...many russians are now coming here....the Greeks Cypriots are the ones now crying to various bodies about russian money laundering in north Cyprus they have no shame ...

They are left attempting petty tactics like keeping green line booths closed to cause delays & laws effecting tc taxi drivers . It does not put them in a good light . How could such low tactics be a demonstration that greek Cypriots would act appropriate in a 1 state solution .it's never going to happen .

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cyprus mail prooaganda

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 01 Mar 2024 9:30 am
The Cyprus mail made a big song and dance about a lawyer being arrested on a 2007 arrest warrant related I believe to Gary robb.

They made out it was all linked to more recent property sales and potential other spurious arrest related to new developments might happen .

That lawyer has now been acquitted ...

Imo the greek Cypriots are mostly seething that they are being prevented from laundering the russian money that's gone on for decades ...many russians are now coming here....the Greeks Cypriots are the ones now crying to various bodies about russian money laundering in north Cyprus they have no shame ...

They are left attempting petty tactics like keeping green line booths closed to cause delays & laws effecting tc taxi drivers . It does not put them in a good light . How could such low tactics be a demonstration that greek Cypriots would act appropriate in a 1 state solution .it's never going to happen .

The lawyer in question has not been “acquitted” the court case has been suspended due to a witness passing away.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cyprus mail propaganda

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Yes I reported what lgc news said "The case against Turkish Cypriot lawyer Akan Kürşat, who was arrested in Italy and later extradited to south Cyprus, where his trial began in the south, has been dropped because a witness died.

Reporter.com.cy, a website broadcasting in south Cyprus, reported that Turkish Cypriot lawyer Akan Kürşat, who was brought to court again this morning, was acquitted because the British chief prosecutor’s witness in his case had died a few days ago. "

I did read some other articles ..
https://www.voiceinternational.net/turk ... -released/
And here

https://haberkibris.com/akan-kursat-gun ... 02-29.html

This says he has been acquitted and the case closed as well. I suppose it depends where you read but doubt we will here of this again ..

Looks like a political charade to me ...

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 01 Mar 2024 11:10 am
Yes I reported what lgc news said "The case against Turkish Cypriot lawyer Akan Kürşat, who was arrested in Italy and later extradited to south Cyprus, where his trial began in the south, has been dropped because a witness died.

Reporter.com.cy, a website broadcasting in south Cyprus, reported that Turkish Cypriot lawyer Akan Kürşat, who was brought to court again this morning, was acquitted because the British chief prosecutor’s witness in his case had died a few days ago. "

I did read some other articles ..
https://www.voiceinternational.net/turk ... -released/
And here

https://haberkibris.com/akan-kursat-gun ... 02-29.html

This says he has been acquitted and the case closed as well. I suppose it depends where you read but doubt we will here of this again ..

Looks like a political charade to me ...

Agree it does depend upon what you read, but I am also led to believe that the witness did not die a few days ago, the witness died quite a while ago.

https://www.kibrispostasi.com/c140-DAIL ... -suspended
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Maltaeagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cyprus mail prooaganda

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Maltaeagle »

I moved my 8 year old daughter from GC school to English school in Kyrenia. The propaganda they preached the kids was shameful, plays about how they carried on during the war, reminders on their text books etc, and yet they want a one state solution. Well if the kids are being fed this propaganda, the future is bleak.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

History Education.pdf
(648.91 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Propaganda term you have used is precisely what their aim has been and will continue.

HISTORY EDUCATION IN DIVIDED CYPRUS:
A Comparison of Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot Schoolbooks on the “History of Cyprus”

YIANNIS PAPADAKIS (holds a doctorate in social anthropology and is currently Associate Professor at the Department of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Cyprus.)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”