Has anybody answered this question? (RESIDENCY AGAIN)

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Has anybody answered this question? (RESIDENCY AGAIN)

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

So I have today got a date for the police residency renewal of 28th September

My residency runs out in a week (ie March)

Given that if I don't travel out etc. completion of new residency won't probably be until very late in the year

so......

ARE WE COVERED WITH THE HEALTH INSURANCE DURING THIS INTERVENING PERIOD ??

(I hear there are various meetings going on, has anything come of these at all?)

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Has anybody answered this question? (RESIDENCY AGAIN)

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Well unless it's just me getting no response this is a bad indictment of a pretty basic question that seemingly no-one can answer?
BRS and others are you listening?

So also when I check the requirements on the system nothing has changed from last year no mention of 'local bank account deposits' etc., how is it acceptable for us to rock up to the HATCH and it be assumed that we know everything the Police are going to throw at us?

It's very well that they say if you have a Flight Booked only come a day or 2 before and they will process it but if you do not meet their requirements (literally of mystical being!) then that flight you have may well just be your deportation flight outta here!!

Bon chance and bon voyage (:Z)

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I spoke with the BRS on wednesday, re bank account, they said either UK or other accounts were accepted but only get copies a couple of days before your appointment, re health insurance, you are covered in the intervening period.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Thank you Dave G, so maybe this get 30k in local account now thing has died down!!
we live in hope

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Insurance is a wonderful thing, it is there to make insurance companies lots of money just in case the person who claims has found a loophole in the policy that actually covers what they are claiming for. Pleased to see that the BRS has confirmed the health insurance part, wonder if it fails will they actually cover any costs? One thing I have learnt living here - If it is not signed, over a stamp, in blood then any document can be claimed to be false and totally worthless - unless you happen to have a TC cousin of course.

So your residency runs out, you are waiting for your police appointment, you have an accident which is covered by your OLD health insurance yet you are still covered? Proof required for this I am afraid, yes I am a sceptic but I learnt that whatever the law is here, it is not on your side!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

waddo wrote:
Fri 08 Mar 2024 9:23 am
Insurance is a wonderful thing, it is there to make insurance companies lots of money just in case the person who claims has found a loophole in the policy that actually covers what they are claiming for. Pleased to see that the BRS has confirmed the health insurance part, wonder if it fails will they actually cover any costs? One thing I have learnt living here - If it is not signed, over a stamp, in blood then any document can be claimed to be false and totally worthless - unless you happen to have a TC cousin of course.

So your residency runs out, you are waiting for your police appointment, you have an accident which is covered by your OLD health insurance yet you are still covered? Proof required for this I am afraid, yes I am a sceptic but I learnt that whatever the law is here, it is not on your side!!

Can't disagree Waddo, count me very sceptical too!!

Tanky
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Tanky »

Fully agree with Waddo. It is easy for the BRS to say you are covered. They now have the problem so how about getting it confirmed by the relevant parties also signed and stamped so we all have some proof if required.
I would hate to have to use the medical side, in the above situation, and then have to quote ''But the BRS said it is ok''. The laughter from them would require further medical attention.

Sunny
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Sunny »

No matter what BRS seem to know or SAY, if there is nothing in writing, stamped, sealed & signatured how can it be fact?

There are far to many rumours and hearsays coming now and most coming from the same group.

If only we could go back to the days when a government agreement was enough for over 60's not having the need of all this hassle but good old BRS govermment liasion officer, at the time, put paid to that. Now I do have to wonder if they get their residency fast tracked?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Sunny, doubtful! Do you need to fast track Permanent Residency - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”