Residency & 'illegals'- perhaps explains the mess the system is in!

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency & 'illegals'- perhaps explains the mess the system is in!

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Sami Özuslu: There are approximately 30 thousand illegal students
CTP Deputy Sami Özuslu said, "According to the information I received from the Immigration Office, there are approximately 30 thousand illegal students."
Republican Turkish Party (CTP ) DeputyIn his current speech titled "Our Higher Education Story", Sami Özuslu said that, in line with the information he obtained from the Immigration Office, around 63 thousand students from the Republic of Turkey and other countries were given the right to enter the TRNC through legal means, and that there were approximately 30 thousand illegal/missing students.

Expressing that 11 thousand of these 30 thousand people are Turkish nationals, Özuslu reminded that the whereabouts of these illegal people are unknown, but the police find them every night.

Sami Özuslu noted that opening a university should not be this easy and that it would not be right to give preliminary permission to 36 universities. Özuslu emphasized that this is unique in the world and said that the fact that there are 8 universities in Malta is important in terms of setting an example.

Özuslu pointed out that it is very difficult to obtain accurate information on the subject and stated that healthy decisions cannot be made in a state without data. Özusku explained that according to the figures he received from the Chamber of Tradesmen and Craftsmen, 150 people applied for the journeyman exam, but the number of registered students is much higher.

Özuslu said that the information about the students seen in the system called EKAS is very frightening, and that it should be prevented that the people who should be under the responsibility of the schools are missing on paper.

Pointing out that the situation is obvious if the audit is not carried out and the powers are not used, Özuslu stated that "The government has failed in terms of auditing."

Arguing that it is wrong to see education as a sector, Özuslu emphasized that the field of education has been seriously damaged and that the quality should be improved.
Article at https://www.kibrispostasi.com/c35-KIBRI ... grenci-var

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency & 'illegals'- perhaps explains the mess the system is in!

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Certainly the number of "students" not studying but working must be huge. In this area there are loads of up market properties being built and apart from the occasional forman 99.99 per cent I would say are from Sub Saharan Africa. I've had to stop my car to move off road to allow large vehicles to pass and chatted with some of the workers and without exception they admit to being "students". At least those who have a smattering of English, the others just move away. The under the counter economy in the TRNC (cannot say black can I) must be enormous. Where they all live and sleep, heaven only knows.

Also I was recently sitting in a Notars office the and the large pile of residency application on the desk beside me, were Eastern European names. (before you ask I didn't have to shuffle or spy) The Notar admitted he was rushed of his feet with mostly Russian applications,

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency & 'illegals'- perhaps explains the mess the system is in!

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Yes many come study for 4 years and then stay often trying to get a visa for a better country . They are making arrest and deporting students it's in the local papers every day but it's just scratching the surface by the looks of it .

On the russian telegram I see adverts for English courses and fast residency without money checks....must be rife..

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”