General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

border crossing

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

I crossed the Metran border early December retuning the same day though Pyla does this affect my 90 days as I want cross over Famagusta soon , any advice would be appreciated.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: border crossing

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

As you did not pass a GC checkpoint on the way back into TRNC, I think that the GC side would assume that you are still there - that you have used up your 90 days, and are now "outstaying your welcome" - I could be wrong, of course, but my gut feeling is that you would not be allowed in!

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

The only way maybe Pyla but if you need a TOM and go via metehan they will probably say 90 days stay out

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I have done the same thing a number of times and never had any problem. I was only asked a silly question once about which crossing point I used on the way back in and I said "Metahan" but they never scanned my passport on the way back! It is well know that sometimes they scan and sometimes they don't bother, depends on if it's coffee time or how well they are getting on with the game on their mobile phones, the same thing often happens on the way in as well!!

To be honest, I don't think they really care that much because they know you live in the North and are not just a tourist, but they are getting a bit hotter on the TOM requirements so make sure you get yours!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”