General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Police appointment is a farce!!!!

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Residency x 2 applied for August 2023. Both Police appointments given for 9th April 2024 and confirmed on no less than 3 medias. 1. telephone message 2. email. 3 on our online applications. This week, although I’m a Christian and knew that 9th April 2024 was a Bayram religious holiday. I checked my emails, messages and our online applications to confirm that both our appointments were still on. NOTHING!!!!!! So, Assuming our Police appointments were indeed on we braved the errands thunderstorms and set off for GIRNE Police station dressed and ready to be kept hanging around outside in the pouring rain waiting for our appointed appointment times. On arrival at the police station only to be told that the Residency office was close until Monday 15th April as it was Bayram, an holiday. The police officer told us to come back then on the 15th April.
Can you imagine the chaos that will await us on arrival at the police station on the 15th along with all the pre arranged appointments for that day, 15th April. And all the other appointments from the 9th April through to and up-to 14th April that just like us turned up at the police station only to be told that the office was closed due to this Bayram holiday. I think the general consensus would be, “ this lot couldn’t arrange a ****. ** in a brewery”.c

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Police appointment is a farce!!!!

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Nobody told the computer system that the Government had decided upon a nine day holiday! Can't blame the Police for not knowing that the computer system is wrong. The old ticket system at immigration would have not known about it either but at least the public would know it was not going to be open! The current system will never work, sorry for your delay and wasted time.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

Or as I like to say dap, couldn’t run run a bath, never mind a country (aka banana republic).

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

waddo wrote:
Tue 09 Apr 2024 4:53 pm
Nobody told the computer system that the Government had decided upon a nine day holiday! Can't blame the Police for not knowing that the computer system is wrong. The old ticket system at immigration would have not known about it either but at least the public would know it was not going to be open! The current system will never work, sorry for your delay and wasted time.
Waddo, who said I was blaming the police, I didn’t!! My post was aimed at the system here, in particular the current Chaos and Frustration being experienced by most when applying/renewal for Residency. And as a member the general public I assumed like most countries, the police station would be open for business no matter if it was an holiday or not. But then after living here for the last 13 years; YES, I should have known better!!

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Nc2016 wrote:
Tue 09 Apr 2024 7:25 pm
Or as I like to say dap, couldn’t run run a bath, never mind a country (aka banana republic).
Nc2016, totally with you; couldn’t run a bath, never mind a country! It’s a lovely place to live until you have to deal with its Bureaucracy. :((( :(((

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Nc2016 wrote:
Tue 09 Apr 2024 7:25 pm
Nc2016:: totally agree with you in that you have post. We have lived here for the past 13 years, and it can be a lovely place to live as long as you DON’T have to deal with it’s bureaucracy.

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

Unfortunately we all do! Bureaucracy has its place, as in all countries, however it’s becoming ever more difficult and obvious that they don’t want us.

And for those of you who think Famagusta is a breeze... yes Polis appointment is usually a week but it’s the same guy who’s there for years and he takes no prisoners. When I went in January, he demanded something different and wanted my original contract with coloured stamps. Even my solicitor didn’t have that! They bring new meaning to the phrase ‘left hand doesn’t know what right hand’s doing!
Next day, I took local Muchtar with me (50 quid), contract stamped at Tapu Office. He asks M if me and him were ok. I said it depends if he pisses me off again today.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”