General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dolphin versus Olaytrans

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

WE used Dolphin 20 years ago and they were great in UK but iffy this end with unpacking. I called in to see them yesterday for a price for 7 boxes to UK of china, glass and other treasured and valued breakables. They will pack them and supply bubble wrap etc (they say) but I suspect they would rather we did it. What concerns me THEY WILL NOT INSURE THE BOXES AND CONTENTS AT ALL.

I've heard good reports on this forum re Olaytrans. Before contacting them it would be good to hear from anyone and their experiences.

Thanks.

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dolphin versus Olaytrans

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Olaytrans were my receiving agents when I moved here with a big container. They were excellent, helping me clear customs, sending a driver to check that the transporter could actually reach my address and having plenty of men to unpack once it arrived. The men were very helpful, putting my bed together and removing unpacked boxes and bubble wrap.
I certainly recommend them.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks Jane M. I'll wait a day or two until I can read (if any) reports on people sending goods back to UK.

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I would definitely use Olay. My parents used Dolphin from Spain lots broken and when it came to insurance nothing

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Interesting, I used Dolphin to get my Raleigh Chopper back to the UK last September. They had no insurance then but said they were in negotiations with another provider. So 8 months on and they still have no insurance to offer their clients...

Lady Muck
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Lady Muck »

Used Dolphin 10 years ago for packing in UK they were ok, but at TRNC end absolutely useless, broken items plus when container arried very late evening none of Dolphin employess had a bolt cutter to remove security seal! Certainly would not recommend.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks all of you, Olay Trans seems to be favourite so far. No insurance re Dolphin is a worry I must say. Anyone have any spare bubble wrap or know where it an be bought in TRNC I'd be grateful. Looks like Dolphin are OK in UK but let down badly in TRNC. BTW if anyone does want to contact them - they have moved and Web site out of date. Their offices are a large blue glass building half way up the Belepaise road on the left.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

You can buy bubble wrap from most of the Yapi markets!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Dohhhhhhh Hadn't thought about them. Ran out of ideas after Mr Pound didn't have any. Thanks

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

Sent you a pm

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

In case anyone interested. I rang my Insurance company and checked on Insurance for transporting boxes back to UK. They will ensure against loss but not breakage.

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

Olytrans is far and away the best.
Dolphin moved us out in 2005. Lost our container Found in Port Said Late delivery and broken goods.
Olytrans moved us back to the UK in 2019.
Fantastic service. The packers came over from the south ( they do all the Embassy work)
Olytrans UK agents are Greens. Everything went like clockwork. The container arrived on time, and nothing was broken.

gates

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Second that

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks aripointer, sounds too good to be true. I hope they are still as good. BTW, was your's a full load or a part load and did they Insure, Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2024 10:32 am
Thanks aripointer, sounds too good to be true. I hope they are still as good. BTW, was your's a full load or a part load and did they Insure, Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

Many years ago we used Aerofreight Cargo, now Dolphin. Our goods were packed by ourselves and when they arrived on an open backed lorry all the way from Famagusta to Ozankoy it became clear we had shared a container which turned out to be someone in Construction. A lot of stuff damaged mainly furniture, but we were insured through Aerofreight and we were paid out by the Insurers as we could prove how the goods were packed and they were tampered with before leaving U.K.

I used Euromed to come back and packed everything myself, labelled and numbered and nothing broken when it arrived back to Felixstowe. There was a delay due to the ship being delayed until it was fully laden which took 6 weeks from start to finish.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

benjaminbutton.
On our return to the UK, it was a full container. Olytrans arranged everything. Container, Customs, on-site construction of wooden crates to transport fragile goods, fantastic packers, all crates and boxes as to what room they came out of. It was all insured by a UK company which was paid for by me in the UK. Olytrans kept me informed every step of the way

With Dolphin, it was a groupage container. for mainly Mosaic tables, leather four-piece armchair setees etc. household goods, crockery, small kitchen equipment, Tumble dryer, linen and tableware. It arrived at the house on the back of a truck. There was a month's delay as the container was lost in transit.

Allegedly Dolphin told me insurance was included in the quote. Not so as the value of our goods exceeded the policy limits. The claim was rejected for damaged goods.

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

benjaminbutton

This was the lady I dealt with at Olytrans
Kind Regards,

Hürmüs Sarp

Shipping - Forwarding

Door To Door

Since 1994

Tel : 0090 392 3653430

Fax : 0090 392 3653875

[email protected]

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

aripointer, thank you so much. I'll be in touch with them. Its only preparatory for later this year, nothing written in stone yet,Thanks again.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”