Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dog travel to UK (flying) - any advice?

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

Hello all

looking for anyone who may have recently exported their dog (or cat ) to the UK?

Almost ready to travel and have contacted the pet transport people for help and advise, but to be fair replies are very slow and kind of running out of time and patience waiting on answers ( no email replies for weeks isn't helpful and leaves a bad feeling)

looking for people who have actually done this process themselves?

can flights be booked prior to the export paperwork being filled in?
rough costs of export papers for EU/UK
where at ercan do we take the animal in their crate when we fly, is it usual check in?
has anyone encountered any problems at all?

sorry for lots of questions, as stated above I've contacted the relevant people who deal with all of this but getting nowhere whatsoever with answers and then was given completely conflicting information, don't want to risk booking flights as only export papers and final vet cert required to find out I've missed something major or low and behold dogs refused to fly.

thank you in advance.

buddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog travel to UK (flying) - any advice?

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by buddy »

TRNC Pet Travel on facebook. Maybe you could arrange a face to face with someone.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Contact TRNC Pet Travel - They have all the answers and will help. It is not as easy as it looks and there are a lot of things you can miss if you try to do it on your own. Things like the rabies check, what happens at LHR when the animal gets there, have you the correct size of crate for your animal, on and on. We were moving back and did a lot of research to find things out, it can by a minefield and remember it is your pet you are talking about here, you want the best for them! Our data is now months out of date so please go to the experts!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

thank you both for your help, it is honestly much appreciated.

i don't suppose you know if they have an office do you? awaiting their facebook reply but agree face to face would be best as then can take notes etc and not miss out any vital info.

cheers guys

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

There are several pet exporters here but they are businesses. They will do everything for you but it costs. Perhaps this is the reason for lack of email replies if you’re not intending to use their services.

As Waddo said, it’s not as easy as it looks.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

As you will be flying via Turkey from memory the blood test needs to be sent to Scotland for analysing and this can take some time,,,

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

thanks all

blood tests all complete for rabies etc. just worming to be done 48hrs before flying and export papers.
i am more than happy to pay the travel pet exporters for their services but having no luck with responses hence why thought at this rate maybe i may have to just do all the stuff myself. even the vet is getting a bit annoyed as to what the hold up is now.
my time unfortunately is running out as residency is coming up for renewal and can't be bothered with the rigmarole of applying for another year when I'm leaving the island. i did make this clear to the people that i contacted (obviously can't name businesses that I've been in touch with) was just more looking for some clarification on a few questions i had in the meantime rather than wait for these businesses to reply. i have asked the costs involved for paperwork etc messages and emails been read but ignored, perhaps they are busy but its leaving me very stressed as the longer i leave it ten flight prices are increasing too.

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

Turkish Airlines cannot fly pets on every flight. As they have to travel as cargo, not every aircraft is rated for that.

I suggest you contact an agent and discuss it with them. It seems like the only option tbh. They and their cargo agent will sort it it out.

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by butterfly »

Kim is the best.

[email protected]

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by butterfly »

Also Niyazi the vet in Catalkoy

[email protected]

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Would recommend KIM every time. What she doesn't know about exporting pets (any where in the world) isn't worth knowing.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

KIM, gets my vote as well, could not be more helpful!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

We have transported 3 dogs back to the UK. Kim (formally KAR) was brilliant.

All the paperwork was spot on. We transported Dog 1 via Paris, Dog 2 via Heathrow and Dog 3 (and her brother) via Brussels.

With Paris and Brussels, we travelled from the South Coast to pick them up.

Brussels was the best airport to come into the immigration was very helpful, especially with 2 dogs and pushing the trollies to arrivals.

Kim was brilliant she gave plenty of advice and a full breakdown of the paperwork provided ensuring the correct documents were signed before leaving the airport.

Every trip we travelled with TA. If you are travelling with your pet. Make sure the purser on the flight tells the captain you have a pet in the hold for obvious reasons.

Heathrow is a bit tricky as you have to pick up your pet at the clearing centre.

Kim is the tops.

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Agreed, Kim was really helpful and reassuring when I imported my dogs from Kuwait. I have two and due to the vagaries of Turkish Airlines they could not fly together! As a consequence they arrived on consecutive days and she was at Ercan to meet them both. Wonderful service.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I think KIM wins hands down don't you.?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”