General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

What happened to Marions Musings

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

I bought a copy of the Star today, all of the pages were legible until I got to Marions Musings ! The print was completely out of focus and impossible to read, doesn,t anyone check the content of the paper before it goes on sale, this is really not acceptable.

AJay
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What happened to Marions Musings

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by AJay »

I must admit also that generally I found the print quality below par.
And if you want to get rid of readers then print quality (or the lack of it) is the best way to do it.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

last few issues have been like this!

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Hi. I am going to write to the Editor on Monday to express my concern at the quality of the print. I also believe that there is not to be supplement anymore! Half a paper for the same price.Maybe if more people complain,then they may take note.Hopefully they will reprint Marion's article so we can read it.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Does Marion have any thoughts on this issue ?

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Like you, I was pretty devastated at the print quality, especially as Editor Sue puts in hours and hours of work tryng to ensure that the paper is the best we can produce. anyone who reads on- line will see that the quality is first class when sent. Something wrong at the printing end, and I understand the office is dealing with this.
Had a long chat in the office today and it was suggested that my Musings appeared again, but I thought that would be an overdose to repeat last week's and then do another two pages. Four pages of Marion's Musings is a bit 'de trop' I reckon. so I will be rewriting and re vamping and makiing sure that the essence is done again.

But I do thank you all for your concern for me in this, whereas my concern is for you, the readers. Without you our work is in vain. a newspaper is a pointless exercise if no one reads it!

goodness knows why the print was as it was, and the quality of the photos did not do justice to them either. as I say, the office is very concerned and will be sorting this.

again apologies to all and if there is any further info I will post it here. Otherwise I do hope you will continue to support The Star.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”