Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Today at around 03:00 in Ozanköy, man stabs his son-in-law

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Source: http://www.haberkktc.com/haber/ozankoyd ... 71050.html

Apparently Muzaffer Ince's daughter contacted him at around 3 am this morning complaining of being physically assaulted by her 23-year old husband, Çağdaş Tak. Consequently, 48-year-old Ince, together with two of his friends, went to his daughter's home and in the ensuing argument Muzaffer Ince stabbed his son-in-law in the stomach.

After first been taken to Girne's state hospital, the severity of Tak's stab wound was judged to warrant treatment at Lefkoşa's state hospital

My guess is this was a mainland family dispute ... and from my experience of living in Turkey for many years, my advice would be to avoid heated arguments with Turks because unfortunately knives appear all too often

journey1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Today at around 03:00 in Ozanköy, man stabs his son-in-l

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by journey1 »

I get your drift but really your post is Racist and would not be allowed in the UK
If you don't agree try changing to 'english' 'scot' 'irish'

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

I disagree journey 1, not racist at all, but fact, I know many Turkish mainlanders and I quote, ''we carry knives, and some of us guns, for protection''
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

BLUE BUTTERFLY wrote:I disagree journey 1, not racist at all, but fact, I know many Turkish mainlanders and I quote, ''we carry knives, and some of us guns, for protection''
Your generalizations are not only racist, but your facts are also unfounded and your justifications, well, unjust. You realize that there are 80million people in Turkey, just because you happened to be among the wrong type of crowd does not give you the right to judge a whole nation.

'man stabbed son in law so he must be mainland turkish' is the pure definition of racism, there is no argument about it, full stop.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

bubbles
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by bubbles »

Ian actually wrote "his guess this is a mainland family dispute"
He didnt write (so he must be mainland turkish)

Why people look too deep into threads and make out he
Is being racist, to me this is not a racist thread at all.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Maybe if you have to guess you should say nothing at all.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

bubbles
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by bubbles »

well lıke everybody else ım entıtled to my opınıon also

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Dalartokat wrote:Maybe if you have to guess you should say nothing at all.
Fair point Dalartokat, we don't yet know that this was a mainlander dispute. But seeing as I spend a lot of my time researching and translating Turkish Cypriot news reports, am I then not allowed to make any comments?
Kbasat wrote:'man stabbed son in law so he must be mainland turkish'
Kbasat, are you quoting me? If so, then please do it correctly.

With regards to the accusations of me being racist, I was merely trying to give some advice based on my experience of living in Istanbul for nearly 20 of the last 25 years - I have witnessed first hand four fights involving knives ... one even that I was foolish enough to try to break up ... and no, kbasat I wasn't deliberately mingling with "the wrong type of crowd". I was even living in Istanbul, a part of the country one would more associate with the values of the west. As one moves more towards eastern Turkey (ie. areas of the country where "our mainlanders" tend to come from) disputes are more commonly sorted out with knives or even worse

I apologise if my advice came over as being racist - ironic considering I am one of the few non Turk/TC members on this board able to communicate in Turkish. One of the reasons for these accusations I suppose was the use of the word "Turk", although Turks themselves use it all the time. With this in mind allow me to tell this story: On the evening of April 5th, 2000 I was preparing my lessons for the following day after watching the Galatasaray-Leeds match on the television ... when there was a newsflash telling us of the two fatal stabbings. Star television were immediately at the scene and I will always remember the youths there chanting "Biz Türküz". And no, I'm certainly not defending the behaviour of the Leeds supporters, but unfortunately they didn't seem to know that provoking a Turk is not the same as provoking, say a German. The one normally ends in a good kicking (though I'm not condoning that) the other is more likely to end in death

So, I'll say it again - my advice is never to get into a heated argument with a Turk ... probably he won't be carrying a knife, but I wouldn't take that risk.

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by belle »

Ian Crumpy, I, for one, do not think your post was in the least racist, I read all of your posts with interest as they are mostly very informative.

Good grief you lot give it a rest, all this racism crap does not help at all.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by belle »

Deniz how can any remark be off topic fgs.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Deniz1 wrote:" "
Deniz1, there is really no more mileage in comments directly related to the incident reported on in the original post. However, it has given rise to a more interesting thread on the culture of knives and firearm-use which unfortunately seems to be becoming more evident here in Cyprus, a culture that at least most TCs would say has its roots in areas of Eastern Turkey.

Some posters have even said my comments and those of Blue Butterfly to be racist. Maybe others agree but that is all part of a debate. As the original poster, I certainly have no objections to the thread diverting a little from the subject of the opening post.

Please even allow me to throw more fuel on the fire by reminding members of (1) the fatal shooting at the Lapta barbershop last year, (2) the protection racket where my neighbour/friend in Mağusa had his butchers shop shot at because he refused to pay up the money demanded of him, and (3) the robbery and physical assault on the elderly British couple in Esentepe last year - mainlanders were the culprits in all these incidents and are more often than not the culprits in most violent assaults in TRNC. OK, I don't have the actual figures on who commits such crimes, but it would certainly seem to be the case. Indeed, when I talk with my TC friends I tend to play devil's advocate with them and tell them they don't have the figures

In any case, it would be interesting to hear what others have to say ... even if we do divert a little "off topic".

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

iancrumpy wrote: On the evening of April 5th, 2000 I was preparing my lessons for the following day after watching the Galatasaray-Leeds match on the television ... when there was a newsflash telling us of the two fatal stabbings.
That's not quite right actually - the stabbings happened the evening before the match - the rest of the story, in particularly the comments/chants of "Biz Türküz" made by youths there, is not incorrect.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Just pointing out that your original post was about a stabbing and its ended up being about racism hence its off topic.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Back in approx. 1997/98 a TC woman living in Girne was murdered in her own home. It was said by Cyprus Today and also the Police, that this must be the work of a mainland Turk. It turned out 1 week later that this woman was murdered by her own TC son.

We can all come up with stories. I was not getting at you Ian merely pointing out that maybe at this time until its proven one way or other that its best to wait.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Dalartokat wrote:Back in approx. 1997/98 a TC woman living in Girne was murdered in her own home. It was said by Cyprus Today and also the Police, that this must be the work of a mainland Turk. It turned out 1 week later that this woman was murdered by her own TC son ... maybe at this time until its proven one way or other that its best to wait.
Yeah, in hindsight I think it was inappropriate to speculate as to whether the family were mainland or not - in future I'll put a bit more (politically-correct) thought into how I can spice up the threads I start.

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

I live in Ozankoy, and my TC husband knows these people, they are in fact originally from Turkey but have lived in Cyprus for a number of years.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Tanyaahmet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Tanyaahmet »

İ also know this man and yes he is from turkey and i agree with iancrumpy about alot of people from certain villages and places in turkey do walk around with knives and things and alot of cypriots even here say it is never a good idea to get into a fight with some one from turkey some are brought up to protect there family and alot of men are willing to do any thing

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Tanyaahmet wrote:İ also know this man and yes he is from turkey
So, we've established they were originally from Turkey, but I still think it wrong of me to mention "mainlander" in the opening post ... along with the report so to speak

In any case, according to the CTP's leader the biggest concern of TCs these days is their loss of identity. And this concern is in part due to the, at least, perceived increase in violent crime - often, particularly the more elderly TCs, will say how in the past they would have no qualms about leaving their doors unlocked ... and how these days they wouldn't dream of doing that. Any comments?

corona24
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by corona24 »

Anyways!
If all is true that the daughter was being physically abused by her spouse, boyfriend, whatever then the father, who I know many say " if any man (usually a man) hurts my daughter, I will hurt/punish/kill him" was protecting her. There are many fathers that fear their child being hurt, and its just sad that violence is so terrible. Worst, sometimes justice has to be taken into their own hands because the law, police, court, etc - is NOT good enough. All men should think twice about being physically abusive towards a woman. Hey, you never know which father will actually have the anger and bravery to keep their threat. I hope the son-in-law doesn't die, but I hope he learned his lesson. If not, then the 2nd time will definitely be a murder by defense.(?)

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

corona24 wrote: ... by her spouse, boyfriend, whatever ...
That we know for certain - the stabbed man and the woman involved, were husband and wife, namely Çağdaş Tak and Betül Tak respectively.

corona24
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by corona24 »

Yeah, I knew that and still ended up writing that; But, my reply can be taken for the general reason.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”